+1

Bit by the PWC bug !!!

I've posted on this forum some and you guys have been more knowledgable. I'm used to modding my motorcycles and race cars, trucks etc... Owning my first PWC has me itching to turn wrenches again...I'm like a kid with new toy. So far I've ordered the Riva intake manifold upgrade kit, in the process of installing my own FF exhaust and about to order the R&D power filter kit. I wanna get the pump seal kit and deciding on a ride plate. What else do I need to get my ski to 74-75 mph ? My ski runs 68 now in stock form. How do I know when it's time to either change or repitch my prop ? What pitch do you guys recommend ?

+1
    I really don't think you'll gain much with a rideplate on an FX. You'll get some, but there's other stuff I'd get first if I were you. You need to get it to breathe and also, get a blow off valve of some sort, even if it's just the R&D surge protector kit. The manifold upgrade kit, FF exhaust, and intake will probably have you hitting the rev limiter. I went with a scat track 13/23 and it worked well with me (a 14/23 might have been better). Now that I've also upgraded my intercooler, I sometimes touch the limiter again, but I'm getting a reflash for my next major mod, so that will take care of that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    I've posted on this forum some and you guys have been more knowledgable. I'm used to modding my motorcycles and race cars, trucks etc... Owning my first PWC has me itching to turn wrenches again...I'm like a kid with new toy. So far I've ordered the Riva intake manifold upgrade kit, in the process of installing my own FF exhaust and about to order the R&D power filter kit. I wanna get the pump seal kit and deciding on a ride plate. What else do I need to get my ski to 74-75 mph ? My ski runs 68 now in stock form. How do I know when it's time to either change or repitch my prop ? What pitch do you guys recommend ?
    I would look into getting your plate worked on. A lot of people owning SHO's get it done and have good results. Get a reflash ( r2 or r3) with your mods and you will be there. At some point you will need a real tach to check your rpms when repitching to achieve the desired rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I really don't think you'll gain much with a rideplate on an FX.
    Jim's ride plate gives the SHO 2-3 miles an hour. It is a huge bang for the buck mod.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Don't buy any plates, Send your stock to Jim's or he might have one just to not suffer down time, 86MPH proven here on his plate, handles the chop awesome and its just as fast as any plates in the market.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    Jim's ride plate gives the SHO 2-3 miles an hour. It is a huge bang for the buck mod.
    +1. Jim does a great job on the stocker

Thread Information