Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clearing Codes on MSX 150

I have no dealers close that will clear my fault codes. I am told the wiring harness is $400 for a dealer to buy. Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get a harness used or homemade?

+1
    Lots of skis parted out on ebay. Not sure exactly which part of the harness you need but you should be able to find it there.

Just searched and found this:
    Polaris-2004-MSX-150-110-Wire-Harness-Loom-MSX150-MSX110-Electrical

I think he is talking about the harness to hook the ski up to a laptop running digital wrench. Randy sells them on WeberPower.com I think for $900. You won't find one on ebay.

+1
    Ah... that makes more sense... dealing with clearing fault codes.

I too wish we had an option for this besides DW. Desperado at Precision Sports used to sell a code reader/clearer but then discovered it didn't work on all ECUs and stopped offering it. I just had him do a reflash on my ECU and he told me based on my serial # that his code reader/clearer wouldn't work. Bummer.

Then there was that homemade ECU code reader initiative... but it didn't work... something about the wake-up/link-up to the ECU. Something unique to DW that normal ODB2 readers don't do. But it did have info about the connector to link into the ski harness should you want to make your own.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147743

Cheers!

Yes I read all those. I had mine flashed by Precision Sports, but this ski keeps holding phantom codes.

Desperado told me to find a dealer which is a good idea, but none within 135 miles. Crap.
    Last edited by K447; 07-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.

+1
    I cannot offer the Bosch software to anybody except a certified Weber dealer. You must have an existing dealership, Marina, ATV shop, etc and be approved by Weber. Then it take a certified training class. Sorry!

I am starting a list of "Polaris friendly" dealers that have the diagnostic software,and ane would appreciate it if everybody could send me the contact information for dealers in their area that offer the service. Please send it directly to [email protected]. Weber is currently expanding their dealer network, but the Bosch software is not commonly used except the MSX series and a few Marine units.

Best regards,
    RAndy

So what are you saying here Randy? Does a dealer need the Digital Wrench or just the Weber/Bosch software to get at the ECU's and peer into the 750 Turbo? I Polaris dealer nearby and they say they can do the work, but Polaris wants $400 for the diagnostic harness.

I think you should tell Weber/Bosch to release the harness to us MSX users, so we can go to a Weber Dealer or a Polaris dealer and say, Hey, plug this in.

+1
    The Walbro diagnostic software will not work on the Bosch ECU.
    All current Weber engines use the Walbro software and ECU. the Bosch ECU was used only by Polaris and a few other Weber powered units. The Bosch software is available to Polaris & Weber certified dealers, but it is very expensive. The dealer requirements are primarily controlled by Polaris. Go to https://polaris.spx.com/detail.aspx?tid=591

Sorry,
    Randy

So can we swap our Bosch ECU for a Walbro ECU? I am told by a long time Polaris dealer that the harness used on the older FST's is the harness you need for the 150. Then in 2004 they sent an adapter for it that is used when hooking up to the 150.

Anybody have this adapter or know the P/N?

+1
    The Polaris snowmobiles with Weber engines use a Bosch M7.4.4 ECU while the MSX use a Bosch ME7.4.4 ECU. Both are similar, but very different in terms of software and Eeprom memory content. The snowmobile wiring harness will not work on the MSX150 because the pinout is completely different and the the engine configuration is also completely different. Also, the Walbro ECU will not connect to the oem MSX110 or MSX15o wiring harness.

The only practical way to modify a MSX to get rid of the Bosch ECU is to purchase a complete Walbro ECU with matching Weber wiring harness and fit the engine with a mechanical throttle body. That being said, this could prove to end up being very expensive.

I can still clear phantom codes as I have Polaris DW software. The problem is the ECU needs to be connected to the ski to do a good job. When clearing codes on the bench, success rate is 50%. I offer this service for free, customers only have to pay for shipping.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information