Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry NEED HELP Wake pro 215 wear ring

Just baught a Wake pro 215 and wake 155,The first day I launched them the 215 would not accellarate (it would rev just no boost) after a couple throttle shots it launched like a rocket. We rode for a few hours that day with no more problems. I put bothe skis in the water 3 more times after that and had no issues, everything ran great. Launched again on July fourth and idled past the nowake zone about 200 yards, when I went to accelarate NOTHING just the the first time off the trailer, I tried a few time like before and then got an alarm and the engine shut and the ski started sinking. Got back on trailer and took to dealer and was told I must of sucked up rocks and shreeded the wear ring (which I know for a fact didnt happen and I Launched the first time and the time it sunk in deep marinas) So in short Sea Doo is trying to stick it to me with 8Hrs on my Ski. Does anyone have any insight in dealing with Sea Doo Thanks in Advance (and I'll have pics to follow shortly)

+1
    Your dealer does not know what he is talking about. Having a damaged wear ring will not cause you to sink!!
    Did you mention to him that you started to sink?

Sounds like maybe your carbon seal is bad.. Or possibly your driveshaft splines have been stripped?

The dealer said the wear ring being bad caused the exhaust to overheat which melted the bilge tube and a hole in the waterbox which sunk the ski.which basicly Sea Doo says I had to have sucked something up even though the Ski had no thrust off the trailer so they wont warranty anything!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by customshop View Post
    Just baught a Wake pro 215 and wake 155,The first day I launched them the 215 would not accellarate (it would rev just no boost) after a couple throttle shots it launched like a rocket. We rode for a few hours that day with no more problems. I put bothe skis in the water 3 more times after that and had no issues, everything ran great. Launched again on July fourth and idled past the nowake zone about 200 yards, when I went to accelarate NOTHING just the the first time off the trailer, I tried a few time like before and then got an alarm and the engine shut and the ski started sinking. Got back on trailer and took to dealer and was told I must of sucked up rocks and shreeded the wear ring (which I know for a fact didnt happen and I Launched the first time and the time it sunk in deep marinas) So in short Sea Doo is trying to stick it to me with 8Hrs on my Ski. Does anyone have any insight in dealing with Sea Doo Thanks in Advance (and I'll have pics to follow shortly)

+1
    A worn wear ring will cause some cavitation off the line. Not a complete lack of thrust like you have described. Also the problem does not come and go as you stated.

Have you had a look at it yourself, or are you just going by what the dealer is telling you?

+1
    Are the skis brand new? Sounds like a carbon seal issue to me. Carbon seal leaking causing cavitation which is also causing over heating because not enough water is flowing through the pump to cool the exhaust.

yes went and looked at it and the wear ring is cut in half and piled up behind the pump.....I will put some pics up shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    A worn wear ring will cause some cavitation off the line. Not a complete lack of thrust like you have described. Also the problem does not come and go as you stated.

Have you had a look at it yourself, or are you just going by what the dealer is telling you?

Yep both skis are brand new....wear rinng now shreaded on 215 and not a scratch on the 155
    Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    Are the skis brand new? Sounds like a carbon seal issue to me. Carbon seal leaking causing cavitation which is also causing over heating because not enough water is flowing through the pump to cool the exhaust.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by customshop View Post
    yes went and looked at it and the wear ring is cut in half and piled up behind the pump.....I will put some pics up shortly
    Some pics might be good. I'm having a hard time picturing that in my head.

+1
    Interesting. I saw your post in the thread with the '12 TX with what seems like almost the same issue!

Yep thats the only other post I've found with same problem just that his overheated the first hour and mine was about 7 hrs later, but only debris found in pump where wear ring peices!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    Interesting. I saw your post in the thread with the '12 TX with what seems like almost the same issue!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information