Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

gulf shores, fort morgan riders

Hello,
    I will be in fort Morgan, al for vacation July 26 to August 9. Anybody know any good place to ride and check out. Also, any great places to eat.

Thanks,
    Jason

+1
    Jason, see the link to my site below. Then click on the following: "Find a Ride", "I Agree", "Alabama" On the AL page, you'll find the "OB Beautiful Trail" - you can start from the F. Morgan/Mobile Bay end of the trail (boat ramp next to the F. Morgan ferry) and ride it all the way to Pcola. Plenty to see and do all the way there. A few highlights: "Swim w/the dolphins" in lower Wolf Bay (but don't intrude on the formal tours doing the same) or just hang out in lower Perdito Pass/Lower St. John By. on the islands. I hope this helps and good riding.

+1
    Ok riders,
    The wife and I are on the way to fort Morgan. Staying at navy cove condominiums. If anyone wants to meet up to ride or fish I am game. Just send me a pm.

+1
    FYI, I'm going to be adding some additional trail for the OB area sometime today. While Ft. Morgan is mostly Mobile Bay - GOM, just to the east is some good riding and w/plenty of places to eat/fuel on the water. Have a great trip.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Hello,
    I will be in fort Morgan, al for vacation July 26 to August 9. Anybody know any good place to ride and check out. Also, any great places to eat.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Sorry I missed this post. Check out Wintzells Resturaunt on Dauphin Street in downtown Mobile. "Lulu"s" Marina on the ICW in Gulf Shores has all the tourist attractions you can imagine. BTW,,Lulu is Buffet's sister. In Gulf Shores "the Hangout" on the beach is a great family eatery and great views.
    A short ride from Navy Cove by boat you can cruise south into the sound and go to Perdido Pass or P-cola Beach. Johnson's Beach is a public beach in Perdido Key area run by the state and has an abandoned fort on it where camping is allowed but no provisions whatsoever.
    Don't forget "Flounders" on P-cola Beach. Great food there too. Plenty of stuff for everyone on the boardwalk next door.
    Have fun,,,,Chuck

+1
    Everyone told us to go to Lambert's but it was always packed. We ate at Gulf Island Grill across from the beach and it was pretty good. Avoid the Shrimp Basket, it was eh.

+1
    We had a great time last year, lots of dolphins. We are headed back as i type this. We are bringing the gti se again this year. Oceans in fort morgan is an excellent place to eat.

+1
    So your arrival date got delayed? Gator and Max gave you good advice on where to ride. See if you can locate the light house at the entrance to Mobile Bay (see Max's Alabama coast thread).

+1
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/263586239
    Did this trip today.
    The lighthouse is still there, but the sand island that was located next to it last year is gone.

+1
    Nice. We did that route last summer minus the open ocean part and adding a trek to Pensecola Beach. So there's no land at all around the lighthouse? Take any photos?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information