Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

2012 vxr vs 300lx

my buddy that is 50lbs, or so, heaver than me just bought a kawi300lx. I have the 2012 vxr. i am wondering who will win the drag race? i am sure it will be close so whatever it is i am still happy with my purchase. mine was $3k less off the showroom, uses less and less expensive gas, and hopefully less maintence in the long run. Basically if he wins i still have $3k to upgrad mine before equaling in bike cost.
    Yippeee...
    of course he has tilt steering, more storage and more gadgets (that can break)...

Float it,

+1
    The Kawi will be quicker and faster in a race. I don't know if $3K will get the VXR faster than the Kawi. You already pointed out some advantages of the VXR. I won't comment on reliability, as I don't want to add fuel to another Yamaha vs. Kawi battle.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I hear ya. I Guess I wont bet him on the race then...he really likes to gamble. lol i may be able to talk him into letting me get a head start. haha

+1
    Hey Rosey, We will be having some real racing in Baytown Labor day weekend at Gene's if you really want to have some fun racing. There are a few 300s and some sea doos you can race. Come check it out.

Banned User
    +1
    Really to completely different skis. Both very good for there intended purpose. Win or loose your on the water having fun that's all that matters. And yes your VXR better be less maintenance it's got less parts

+1
    You'd need two lengths minimum, depending on both your skill, imo, and if you had 3k to blow in mods, the VXR would beat a stock 300x on top end

+1
    Lasportsmn,
    Thanks for the heads up. I would love to go check it out. i have never been to a PWC race. PM me the details. I think i will be in town that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey View Post
    I hear ya. I Guess I wont bet him on the race then...he really likes to gamble. lol i may be able to talk him into letting me get a head start. haha
    I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet Rosey. If your buddy's 300 is "bone stock" (no speed override module) and you have 20+ hours on your VXR, you will be faster than your friend. Make sure it's a "smooth day". He will get the jump on you out of the Hole, but around 100 Meters or so the Tables will turn and he will be in your wake. Enjoy. JB

+1
    it is better than only being bone stock. he has never owned a boat and I am sure he does not know how to properly adjust his nozzel trim for maximum speed. I know it would be close. I will have to make sure and not fill up the tank before we go too. Tricks of the trade...he seams to think HORSE Power is all that matters. he doesn't understand weight and all matters too...

11. +1 by:

+1
    What does a stock Kawi 300LX run speed wise? Does it also have 17lbs of boost stock like the 300X? For around $1500, you can get your VXR running 71-72 MPH with a SC-like holeshot. Check out Greenhulk's VXR build thread sticky.

But if he doesn't understand trim control and riding technique, all the horsepower in the world won't make a difference.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information