Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 04 rxp help!

04 rxp help!

Hello its been a long time guys ive been a member here for awile just forgot my email and user so i had to make another one. I havent been on here since 05-06 or right when they started comming out with the rxpx's...anyways i started to get into fourwheeling blah blah...lol

but i have a problem with my 04 rxp getting water into the cylinders...i know its the exhaust side but how do i get the damn manifold off? are there tricks to it that im not aware of? every extension i use is too long do u have to pull the motor to fix it? i'd rather not but if i have too i will. Is there a gasket for it? i hardley ever use the ski it only has 36 hrs on the machine since 04!

any help would be great and glad to see the fourms still here

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trespasser101 View Post
    Hello its been a long time guys ive been a member here for awile just forgot my email and user so i had to make another one. I havent been on here since 05-06 or right when they started comming out with the rxpx's...anyways i started to get into fourwheeling blah blah...lol

but i have a problem with my 04 rxp getting water into the cylinders...i know its the exhaust side but how do i get the damn manifold off? are there tricks to it that im not aware of? every extension i use is too long do u have to pull the motor to fix it? i'd rather not but if i have too i will. Is there a gasket for it? i hardley ever use the ski it only has 36 hrs on the machine since 04!

any help would be great and glad to see the fourms still here
    Remove the J-Pipe and slide the exhaust back. Take a 1/4" socket with an 8mm deep well socket and remove the bolts. It will take a little tapping with a rubber mallet and it will fall off.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Hey, yea its hard in the ski but i think you can do it, and no theres no gasket.use the copper high temp sealant for that.

and it should fix the leak issue correct? im not to fimaliar with the machine been awile since ive worked on it...lol

ok got the manifold off. and tested it with the garden hose sealed good no leaks...so that has to be the intercooler right? the coolant level is at where its supposed to be and coolant is clean just clean water is getting into the motor/cylinders

any help on these forums anymore? jeez

I would test the intercooler for leaks first, and if that is not it would look at possible head gasket issue. If it is clean water as you say I would think it is the intercooler.

thanks lol and that was my original guess but somehow my dad convinced me other wise. cant get the damn thing out though gotta move the tank

OK well I tested the exhaust and the inter cooler and they both hold water what else could be letting water into the motor? Coolant level is fineand doesn't leak. Ive called about 5 dealerships and they just tell me to bring it in.

Appreciate the help guys

Are you loosing coolant? Also Did you pressure test the intercooler?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information