04 genesis i low voltage while cranking

I am working on an 04 Genesis i that is getting 10-11 volts to injectors while cranking. Sent EMM to DFI they said it was good. New stator. 6 magnet flywheel in new condition. With the tether cord off the voltage is 24-25. Coils and injectors ohm fine. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Grease Monkey View Post
    I am working on an 04 Genesis i that is getting 10-11 volts to injectors while cranking. Sent EMM to DFI they said it was good. New stator. 6 magnet flywheel in new condition. With the tether cord off the voltage is 24-25. Coils and injectors ohm fine. Any ideas?

Also throwing a code for low alt voltage. New battery. Tether switch ok. Cleaned ground and inspected wiring harness. Could something in the ignition system be drawing a load? Runs great if you prime it. Me and the dealership is at a loss. Any ideas at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    How are you measuring the injector voltage? Correct method is between ground and the White/Red wire with all injector's connected.

Bypass the LR Start/Stop module, just in case.

Make sure the BATTERY voltage is staying high while cranking. Under 11.0 volts while cranking would be weak in my book. New batteries are not always good batteries.

Clean battery and EMM grounds to engine block.

Ohm tests of injector's can be tricky as the correct resistances are quite low.

The large capacitor needs to be good. Do you have a spare to try?

Do you have spark?

After sitting untouched for more than five minutes with lanyard in place, does the MFI display 'wake up' as soon as the engine begins cranking.

MFI does not display "wake up". When you start cranking the red light blinks and all the pixels that can go black do. And the gauges peak and fall like they are calibrating.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grease Monkey View Post
    MFI does not display "wake up". When you start cranking the red light blinks and all the pixels that can go black do. And the gauges peak and fall like they are calibrating.
    That is exactly what I mean by the display 'waking up'

Thread Information