St Johns Power Sports

One of the sites listed to buy Polaris parts on the Polaris PWC Knowledge Portal is St. Johns Power Sports. I don't recommend ordering from them.
    I followed the link, placed an order, and received a confirmation email. After several weeks passed I called to check the progress. A lady with a snarky attitude said that's not their website.
    I ordered the part number listed on the website over the phone. A couple of weeks later she left a message saying the part was in. After I week I called to see why I hadn't received the part. Her response was "oh, you want me to ship it?". Considering she charged me for shipping and had my address, I kind of hopped she would.
    I received the part but it was the wrong part. I called to get an RMA number and the witch started railing on me about how i gave her the wrong number, that's not their website and she hung up on me. I called back and left a message on the owner's voicemail but he never called me back.
    So it's been over a month, I still don't have the part and I'm out the money for the part.
    What ever you do don't order from their website. If for some reason you still want to do business with them, I'd recommend only in person. Caveat emptor.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    can you link the site and post the phone # here that you used.and thanxs for the feedback

Scroll down to "Parts Sources":
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....-parts-sources

This is their website; the phone number and address are listed on the site.
    http://www.stjohnspowersports.com/aboutus.asp

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesnb View Post
    One of the sites listed to buy Polaris parts on the Polaris PWC Knowledge Portal is St. Johns Power Sports. I don't recommend ordering from them.

I followed the link, placed an order, and received a confirmation email. After several weeks passed I called to check the progress. A lady with a snarky attitude said that's not their website.

I ordered the part number listed on the website over the phone. A couple of weeks later she left a message saying the part was in. After I week I called to see why I hadn't received the part. Her response was "oh, you want me to ship it?". Considering she charged me for shipping and had my address, I kind of hopped she would.

I received the part but it was the wrong part. I called to get an RMA number and the witch started railing on me about how i gave her the wrong number, that's not their website and she hung up on me. I called back and left a message on the owner's voicemail but he never called me back.

So it's been over a month, I still don't have the part and I'm out the money for the part.
    What ever you do don't order from their website. If for some reason you still want to do business with them, I'd recommend only in person. Caveat emptor.
    Something does not make sense. If it is not their web site, then who's web site is it?

Did the online order get charged to your credit card?

What phone number did you actually call to place the telephone order?

Dd you receive the part number that you ordered?

I will say that many of the online parts 'fiches' use the same third party back end online service. So the parts seller (OEM parts dealer) does not actually operate the OEM parts listings or parts diagrams, they just link them into their web site so it appears to be part of the seller's online system.

I prefer to use the actual Polaris Industries online parts system as I trust it to be the most complete and up to date. Find the part numbers using the Polaris Industries service, then order by part number from a trusted online seller. I generally do NOT use the parts diagrams provided by the parts sellers to find part numbers.

However, there ARE errors and omissions in ALL these online parts systems. Cross check part numbers if necessary with other models and years that you know happen to use the same parts.

What is missing from almost all the remaining online parts systems are the part numbers and info for many of the updates, accessories and upgrades. Some are listed, many are not. In some cases you can find the items only if you already know the part number.

She just said it wasn't their website; I didn't get into whose website it was. I think it was theirs and for some reason they stopped paying for hosting but who knows.
    The on-line order wasn't charged to me.
    The phone number I called is the same as the one on the website and on the confirmation email.
    A part matching the part number on the confirmation arrived but it's not the right part.

Thread Information