97 Kawasaki STX 1100

98 kawasaki stx 750 no start issue help please

Hi guys, Thanks for reading my post... Just spent 4 days on the lake vacationing. Took our 2 jet skies ones a stx 1100 and the other the stx 750 in question... Both skies ran great until the last day... Funny but we were on our way to the boat launch to pull the skies out when the 750 died... I guess that was lucky ! Our trip was over... Anyway! The 750 was running great we were just cruising along when all of a sudden the 750 started to bog down and then stalled... My wife was riding it... I checked gas and we still had a 1/2 tank... She had tried to restart but all the engine did was turn over... I told her to stop and jumped on the ski myself... When I went to turn it over all it did was click click and wouldn't turn over... I was thinking charging issue and maybe thew ski drained the battery... Towed it back to the doc and pulled the skies... While we were packing up camp about a hr later I tried turning the engine over again on the trailer this time it turned over but slow... I checked the battery after getting home and it still showed 12.7 volts... I went ahead and thru a charge on it anyway and pulled the spark plugs... The electrodes look ok and I still have compression in both cyclinders... Doesn't look like Im getting spark though... I wanted to check the stator and was looking for some ohm readings or a manual for the 750... Any help would be appreciated...

Oh by the way yes I'm a mechanic and have tools... Long time member ....

Thanks in advance...

+1
    Look at the easy stuff first. It's not at all uncommon for a battery cable to come loose, at either end. Vibration, jumping, etc. can cause this.

After that, you might pull the starter and clean the commutator & replace the brushes.

97 Kawasaki STX 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Look at the easy stuff first. It's not at all uncommon for a battery cable to come loose, at either end. Vibration, jumping, etc. can cause this.

After that, you might pull the starter and clean the commutator & replace the brushes.
    Bad news I need a crankshaft with pistons standard bore anyone got what I need? front seal blew out... Seized rod bearing... Its repairable but I was thinking I need it running today and hoping it would be cheaper..... to buy used..

Thread Information