900zxi motor rebuild question

Just finished tearing apart a 96 900 ZXi that I have owned since new and recently had a motor issue. Son rode it out in lake and for some reason the oil light never came on to alert a empty tank issue..long story short it fried 2 cylinder walls a bit. ( Working on figuring out why temp/oil lights both dont come on now ).
    Took the head and the crank in to local speed/machine shop and had them take it to .5mm over on the bore and have bought all the items I need to rebuild top end and all gaskets/seals. After bore/hone they matched the new pistons to the cylinders for me so they are good to go. They checked crank and rods and pulled the bolt for the flywheel out for me as well as cleaned it thoroughly to make sure no metal shavings from cylinder destruction made its way in..brought it home and flooded the bearings with 2cycle oil and spun them like crazy and its now dripping excess out till I put it in case pretty soon..

Now I`m in the process of getting ready to put it all back together and have a few questions. On a car I could figure out what RTV sealer to use but on the ski I`m finding it a no for the case halves. Can I use the Permatex " Right Stuff " for the case halves or??
    It says to use the following and I was wondering if there was anything safe to substitute for these:
    Silicone Sealant for the threads-- Kawasaki 56019-120--- whats a substitute if any for this??
    Kawasaki Bond 92104-1003 for the case halves

Also the new seals are going in on the crank and the old ones on the coupler side has grease packed between them and the new ones are dry. What specific kind of grease can I use in there? It says to use molybdenum disulfide but I can guarantee I wont find that locally here..

If it was a 4 wheeler motor or a car I would be good to go but with a 2 stroke PWC sucking gas and air through the case I just want to be sure to get right stuff...

Thanks for any help...

Quote Originally Posted by 96ZXI`r View Post
    Just finished tearing apart a 96 900 ZXi that I have owned since new and recently had a motor issue. Son rode it out in lake and for some reason the oil light never came on to alert a empty tank issue..long story short it fried 2 cylinder walls a bit. ( Working on figuring out why temp/oil lights both dont come on now ).
    Took the head and the crank in to local speed/machine shop and had them take it to .5mm over on the bore and have bought all the items I need to rebuild top end and all gaskets/seals. After bore/hone they matched the new pistons to the cylinders for me so they are good to go. They checked crank and rods and pulled the bolt for the flywheel out for me as well as cleaned it thoroughly to make sure no metal shavings from cylinder destruction made its way in..brought it home and flooded the bearings with 2cycle oil and spun them like crazy and its now dripping excess out till I put it in case pretty soon..

Now I`m in the process of getting ready to put it all back together and have a few questions. On a car I could figure out what RTV sealer to use but on the ski I`m finding it a no for the case halves. Can I use the Permatex " Right Stuff " for the case halves or??
    It says to use the following and I was wondering if there was anything safe to substitute for these:
    Silicone Sealant for the threads-- Kawasaki 56019-120--- whats a substitute if any for this??
    Kawasaki Bond 92104-1003 for the case halves

Also the new seals are going in on the crank and the old ones on the coupler side has grease packed between them and the new ones are dry. What specific kind of grease can I use in there? It says to use molybdenum disulfide but I can guarantee I wont find that locally here..

If it was a 4 wheeler motor or a car I would be good to go but with a 2 stroke PWC sucking gas and air through the case I just want to be sure to get right stuff...

Thanks for any help...
    I also have a new Tube of Hondabond HT from our 4 wheeler repairs I could use if that is equal to the Kawasaki bond above. Just trying to see what I can use as equivalent or get some OEM stuff ordered.

Hondabond will work fine.....ive used it on anything from reed cages to case halves, tranny cases, and exhaust flanges and never had an issue

Thread Information