Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PWC Insurance

+1

Question PWC Insurance

I'm obtaining quotes for my 2 ski's (both used, 2011 & 2008 ) and a used double trailer. Best rate I've rec'd are around $650/yr with Progressive ($15k replacement value). Other quotes I've rec'd are BoatUS & Geico. What company are you using and is this rate seem inline? I'm in Florida.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsunset350z View Post
    I'm obtaining quotes for my 2 ski's (both used, 2011 & 2008 ) and a used double trailer. Best rate I've rec'd are around $650/yr with Progressive ($15k replacement value). Other quotes I've rec'd are BoatUS & Geico. What company are you using and is this rate seem inline? I'm in Florida.
    The cheapest i found was with progressive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsunset350z View Post
    Are you sure about that replacement value? Be careful on how its worded and make sure you talk to someone and confirm. I have progressive, 3 ski's 2008 rxpx, 2007 gprxp and a 2004 RXP and I pay $630yr for all three with two trailers. I called to see if I could get a stated value on my conversion ski of $15,000 and they wouldn't do it. The ski's are not supposed to go over 70mph. I didn't want to put up a fight, I figured they might get wise.

Alot of companies go off of book value, and that always seem to be 2,000 less than market value. I checked with Markel when I first bought my 2008 RXPX, it was a 2 year old ski that I bought new as a left over. I just paid $8200 otd for it and when the lady looked it up she said if it was stolen or wrecked tomorrow I would be looking at around $5500.00.... No way was I going with them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Are you sure about that replacement value? Be careful on how its worded and make sure you talk to someone and confirm.
    Thanks for the heads up! I want to get 2-3 more quotes then I definitely plan on calling the best 2 back and asking some detailed questions.

I've had one vehicle totalled (someone rear ended me) and once insurance declared it a total loss, I was able to negotiate with them on what the car was worth. They went by book value and I went by market value by providing them hard evidence of the same year, model, etc from the newspaper, craiglist, & autotrader. Insurance cut me a check for the higher value. They don't publicize this but it worked for me. I'm not sure if this is how boat/ski insurance works so I'm trying to figure it out the fine print. I hope I never have to use it but you've gotta prepare for the worse case scenario.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    The cheapest i found was with progressive.
    Tks!

+1
    I pay $110 a year for my 07 GPR through Progressive. Try lowering your bodily harm, etc.... If you hit a boat and injure 10 people, chances are you'll be dead anyway. I focused more on recovery of the ski in the event of theft or damage.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown View Post
    I pay $110 a year for my 07 GPR through Progressive. Try lowering your bodily harm, etc.... If you hit a boat and injure 10 people, chances are you'll be dead anyway. I focused more on recovery of the ski in the event of theft or damage.
    Same here only with 250 deducts on my 02

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I use progressive for everything..best rates. Make sure to have an honest conversation with your agent about covering your assets. Skis being more maneuverable then boats often have gotten the blame for accidents so be sure you protect your home/income if you boat in crowded areas with sufficient coverage. Saving will seem small if you cheap it and then end up with a lien on your house or a garnish on your paycheck to pay off somebodies medical bills

+1
    Geico was the cheapest out of the companies for me by a substantial amount.

+1
    Thanks for all the info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information