Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fed up with My RXP (and many others)

Ok, I'm going to start by saying that I'm absolutely furious with my RXP situation. I have a 2004 with 14lb X-charger and all of the necessary goodies to accommodate it. I had a V-Tech tune that was great but the rev limiter was to high for the stock cam at 9400 rpm. According to lengthy talks with Armin at Riva, the stock cam starts to lose power above 8600-8700. I broke a driveshaft due to pump problems and while the ski was down I sent my ECU back to have the rev limiter lowered to 8750 because it would lose power out of the water revving too high. The ski was running 80.8 mph with a stock 15/21 solas at 8700 rpm. After V Tech took their sweet time for 10 business days to send Ppg a new tune I got the ECU back. Now it turns 8250 at 75 mph.

So I have everything torn back down and gone through thinking that something was assembled wrong when the driveshaft was replaced. Everything was within BRP specs and I just got off the water with the same 8250 rpm.

To all the big boost guys, what ECU system are you running, I can't loose weeks of my summer for this type of crap anymore. I'm tired of not being able to check people's work and make sure that they did what they said that they would do.

At this point I wish that I at least had the handheld Programmer because I could put the old tune back in. But I thought that I could trust the experts to do this right.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for the help.
    Reply to Thread
    Last edited by Eclipse19; 07-15-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: There seems to be many to blame in this debacle

I would also like to ask if I had the handheld could I check the Fuel mapping, timing, etc? I know you can change the rev limiter on the fly but what is all adjustable. Thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse19 View Post
    I would also like to ask if I had the handheld could I check the Fuel mapping, timing, etc? I know you can change the rev limiter on the fly but what is all adjustable. Thanks again
    The only thing you can change with the handheld are the tunes loaded into it (provided by V-tech) and then subsequently loaded into the ski. The only way you can change the rev limit is to change the entire tune. You can't "check" anything (mapping, timing, etc...) with the handheld. In short... any "adjustment" must be provided within the tune by V-tech.

4. +1 by:

+1
    YUP they sent me "stock" "48/8350" "48/8650". I then requested the 48/8400. I'm just glad I didn't install the 8650 by accident. BOOM

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse19 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to start by saying that I'm absolutely furious with my RXP situation. I have a 2004 with 14lb X-charger and all of the necessary goodies to accommodate it. I had a V-Tech tune that was great but the rev limiter was to high for the stock cam at 9400 rpm. According to lengthy talks with Armin at Riva, the stock cam starts to lose power above 8600-8700. I broke a driveshaft due to pump problems and while the ski was down I sent my ECU back to have the rev limiter lowered to 8750 because it would lose power out of the water revving too high. The ski was running 80.8 mph with a stock 15/21 solas at 8700 rpm. After V Tech took their sweet time for 10 business days to send Ppg a new tune I got the ECU back. Now it turns 8250 at 75 mph.

So I have everything torn back down and gone through thinking that something was assembled wrong when the driveshaft was replaced. Everything was within BRP specs and I just got off the water with the same 8250 rpm.

To all the big boost guys, what ECU system are you running, I can't loose weeks of my summer for this type of crap anymore. I'm tired of not being able to check people's work and make sure that they did what they said that they would do.

At this point I wish that I at least had the handheld Programmer because I could put the old tune back in. But I thought that I could trust the experts to do this right.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for the help.
    Reply to Thread
    thats news to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    thats news to me.......
    Since I sense some sarcasm what rpm's are you turning? Have you seen differently? Or am I just being a little overly bitter tonight and taking your comment wrong. I saw in the top speed posts that even greenhulk was only turning 8800 rpm. I'm interested in learning all that I can as I don't feel for the mods that I've done that m seeing enough top speed gains.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    YUP they sent me "stock" "48/8350" "48/8650". I then requested the 48/8400. I'm just glad I didn't install the 8650 by accident. BOOM
    Just install the VT upgrade and you will be sweet to go with the 8650 tune mate!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    Just install the VT upgrade and you will be sweet to go with the 8650 tune mate!!
    Ordered it last night

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Ordered it last night
    Perfect!!

+1
    You must sent a log data to V-Tune ( Jonatan) and he will adjust mapping for fine tuning.

First running with new mapping is super lean ( destroy my spark plug) and 2nd mapping still lean. Jonatan send me a new mapping for test it.
    I will test new mapping tomorrow.
    Good service with VTune and Big thanks to Jonatan.

Dumri

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information