Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Three Bond 1211 equivalent?

I'm installing a B1 wheel in my FZR and the directions call for Three Bond 1211 or an equivalent to seal the supercharger cover with Three Bond 1211 or equivalent. I can't find it locally, and would like to have it now, not wait to order it (I have some at home, but I'm at my home away from home 200 miles away). Is there anything else I could use that would be available at an auto parts store? Permatex gray or something like that?

Banned User
    +1
    What city are you in ? SD ?

+1
    SD is where my house and three bond is, but I live in Yuma part time. I thought I grabbed everything I would need from there last weekend, but missed that. I'm in Yuma now, and not heading back that way until next weekend, but won't have time to get it done and cured if I wait until then because I'm going to do LB2CAT. I take it you're done with that now?

+1
    There's a boat supply store here that I'll try tomorrow. It was closed by the time I got there today. They should have it. If not, maybe the Kawi dealership will have it, but if there's a suitable substitute, I'd like to get it tonight so I can go test it tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

Banned User
    +1
    If there's a GM dealer ship there sealant will work just dandy. Or great stuff should work jus as well. Sold in most auto part stores.
    Yea not racing this triple crown series this year.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Cool, thanks for the tip. Are you going to ride the course even though you won't be in the race?

+1
    Just get some Permetex RTV. Any auto parts store will have it. I like to use the Ultra Copper (high temp) on almost everything. Seals strong and is fairly easy to remove after disassembly. I've used it on the SC housing, on the pump, ride plate bolts, etc. it works great on exhaust bolts, especially on cars if you ever need to get them loose in the future. I've used it on a lot of places on my race car and it's always held up great.

Just dab it on to your finger and apply a very thin coat to both mating surfaces and assemble.

+1
    I use it on my racecar too, but wasn't sure if it would hold up to the pressure in a SC. Thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Just get some Permetex RTV. Any auto parts store will have it. I like to use the Ultra Copper (high temp) on almost everything. Seals strong and is fairly easy to remove after disassembly. I've used it on the SC housing, on the pump, ride plate bolts, etc. it works great on exhaust bolts, especially on cars if you ever need to get them loose in the future. I've used it on a lot of places on my race car and it's always held up great.

Just dab it on to your finger and apply a very thin coat to both mating surfaces and assemble.
    +1
    Ultra Black is pretty similar to 1211.

+1
    Due to a storm of monsoonal proportions as soon as I went out to work on it yesteday, I didn't do it last night. I'm working on it now though, and have the SC out of the ski.

Does anyone have any tips on how to seperate the cover from the SC? The directions say lightly tap it, but I have been lightly tapping for about an hour now. I have it sitting out in the hot Yuma sun now to see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information