Wichita, Kansas, United States

Question Anyone ever put power reeds in a 1200 carb genesis? Think it may need jetted. Help?

I finally got this thing (1999 carb genesis) running decent after much work!!!! Whoo hooo step one! When I rebuilt carbs I changed reeds with boyessen power reeds. She idles okay but kinda misses outta the hole. Once planed out it seems to run good 45 or so but I'm kinda scared to get rough on it yet just cause I know it used to tear outta the hole to 55 ish quickly. The brief story... New fuel lines, rebuilt carbs, new reeds. Now I know it should have good fuel supply and it ran decent and starts every time but I hope someone has some info on jetting these 1200s. I think this is what I need to do at this point cause I can't adjust the high end. Thanks in advance now and thanks for all knowledge posted on this site. Ohh yeah one last thing where can I find a check valve for the fuel vent????

windsor ont
    unless you changed the jets and carb settings you should not be having a problem.power reeds will have minimal effect on jetting.make some runs and check plugs and piston wash

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Check valves can be found at any of the online Polaris OEM parts sellers.

Thread Information