+1

Concerns with the 300X????

My buddy just picked up a new 300X. He is not on GH and is not very mechanical so I thought I would ask here.....

What are some of the concerns or problems with the 300X? Any factory updates? Any minor/major problems with this ski? What is top speed on this ski? I really like the looks of it!

Thank you!
    Last edited by driveumhard; 07-14-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: sp

+1
    Hey man, remember me? Lake Ozarks ride from a couple years ago? I had a blue ultra 250 then. We rode up to truman dam and back.

Anyway, the main concerns he should worry about are keeping the oil level around half on the dipstick, and keep an eye on it after each weekend. I have never had to add or subract oil, but I have heard of others with this issue. The exhaust filter needs to be checked around 20hrs.

Knock on wood, I have not had any issues at all. I just do a monthly check of fluids, etc and keep er clean. I race it, rec ride it, rescue yamahas and seadoo's lol.

Let me know if you guys are coming to the Ozarks soon, I can do a couple of mods that really work and are basically free. Tell him to get a scom, ride plate, grate and sponsons. If he can swing it, a steering system really stiffens it up and makes for a more confident ride.

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    My buddy just picked up a new 300X. He is not on GH and is not very mechanical so I thought I would ask here.....

What are some of the concerns or problems with the 300X? Any factory updates? Any minor/major problems with this ski? I really like the looks of it!

Thank you!

+1
    Reggie, rite? Thanks for the reply bud! Will this ski run over 70 bone stock? I will relay the info to him. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    Hey man, remember me? Lake Ozarks ride from a couple years ago? I had a blue ultra 250 then. We rode up to truman dam and back.

Anyway, the main concerns he should worry about are keeping the oil level around half on the dipstick, and keep an eye on it after each weekend. I have never had to add or subract oil, but I have heard of others with this issue. The exhaust filter needs to be checked around 20hrs.

Knock on wood, I have not had any issues at all. I just do a monthly check of fluids, etc and keep er clean. I race it, rec ride it, rescue yamahas and seadoo's lol.

Let me know if you guys are coming to the Ozarks soon, I can do a couple of mods that really work and are basically free. Tell him to get a scom, ride plate, grate and sponsons. If he can swing it, a steering system really stiffens it up and makes for a more confident ride.

+1
    Yep this is Reggie. The ski will not run over 70 stock. It will race to 67 then feel like you put on the brakes. He can spend 50 cents on some washer for his speedo wheel and then it will do 72. However some have a theory that this causes issues. I would spend the money on the scom which bypases the speedo the proper way. Just costs alot more. What color did he get?

+1
    Yep this is Reggie. The ski will not run over 70 stock. It will race to 67 then feel like you put on the brakes. He can spend 50 cents on some washer for his speedo wheel and then it will do 72. However some have a theory that this causes issues. I would spend the money on the scom which bypases the speedo the proper way. Just costs alot more. What color did he get?
    He just picked up a blue one yesterday. We plan on doing a 100 mile ride today.

Banned User
    +1
    Like stang said, aftermarket steering is a good update but you can make do with stock for rec riding. Also the solas 14/21 prop because the stocker tends to spin as it wears

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    Reggie, rite? Thanks for the reply bud! Will this ski run over 70 bone stock? I will relay the info to him. Thanks
    DO NOT LET HIM PUT THE WASHERS ON
    Sorry Reggie but this is a little beyond theory currently. Also if an aftermarket ride plate is installed you MUST install an SCOM or you will damage your engine.
    I have over 100 hours of some brutal race conditions down here in S. LA. You know the heat and humidity abuse. General care to the ski goes a very long way.

Thread Information