Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel Line and oil line sizing

My ski hull is at our house at the lake in VA so I cant go check sizing easily since I`m in NC and only have the motor here . Since its 16 yrs old and the motor is out for rebuild I`m going to swap some lines due to age as a safety thing

Does anyone know the correct size fuel line I will need as well as the oil pump lines to carb and line from oil tank to pump?

Any other lines that would be a good swap out to do at this time due to age?

Thanks

+1
    Oil lines from pump to carbs: 1/8" ID.

Oil line from tank to pump: 1/4" ID.

I'd use polyurethane for both.

I believe the fuel line is 5/16" ID.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Oil lines from pump to carbs: 1/8" ID.

Oil line from tank to pump: 1/4" ID.

I'd use polyurethane for both.

I believe the fuel line is 5/16" ID.
    Thanks for the quick reply on this. I have found gas line specs in forums listed as 1/4 ID or 5/16 ID but was thinking 1/4 would be kind of small.....Really hard to go out and spec the stuff on the skis hull when its an hr away.
    Thanks again.

Ordered some 1/8 and 1/4 polyurethane line for all the oil lines and its on its way. Who has good source for fuel line? Would a tygon type be good for this or just go plain fuel line from a auto store or the like? Search really hasn't shown a good amount of info on either type..

+1
    To do it properly, you'll need fuel hose that is USCG approved. Try a marine dealer or Kawasaki dealer.

+1
    any good quality fuel line will do the job just fine, gates , napa etc, what makes no sense to me is the feed line to the carbs is 1/4 while the return is 5/16 on the 2000 ultra 150 i have here at the shop, i actually just went out and looked at it to double checked, the larger return line is marked return and does indeed return to the top of the sender while the 1/4 line comes down from the selector valve, anyone know why kawi would do this ???

Thanks for the help guys. Was actually wondering if it had to be Coast Guard approved on the PWCs also seeing all these aftermarket fuel line pics on site. Have a few places locally I can check.

+1
    Well, I guess it depends on who stops you, doesn't it? If you operate on the coast where the USCG is, I would suggest doing it properly. Also, there are two grades of USCG approved hose (can't remember the difference).

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on who stops you, doesn't it? If you operate on the coast where the USCG is, I would suggest doing it properly. Also, there are two grades of USCG approved hose (can't remember the difference).
    I operate on a freshwater lake that spans two states so no coast guard around BUT I was more worried about line failure. Gas blowing out in a small area like that from a bad hose could mean nice fire, explosion or ?? ...I have lots of people that will ride this off an on so safe is better for me..I have my 72yr old father that takes it out once in awhile..

+1
    Island Racing has the USCG approved hose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information