Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rolly poly sho cruisers

I have two new sho cruisers which are great skis. Problem is, they roll on the keel a lot. Are the sponsons the problem?

+1
    I think it just seems like they roll a lot because you are so locked into those big ol' seats they have that you feel everything and don't naturally shift your weight side to side like you would with a normal seat.

Nope. They really do roll, a lot. I have owned many skis, and never experienced this, before.

What year are they? The new style or the old style cruiser? I don't notice this problem at all in my 2010 FX SHO.

+1
    I don't have that problem on my '09 FX SHO Cruiser, except when I'm sitting flat-assed in the seat. That's why I think the seat design gives the perception that it's rolling more than it is, or that because you're so locked into the seat that you don't naturally compensate as you would on a normal seat.

I don't know if you;ve ridden horses before, but the saddle design is similar to the seat on a regular (not cruiser) seat. If you were locked into the saddle on a horse the way you are in a cruiser seat, you would feel a LOT more of the swaying than you do on a regular saddle.

I do agree that in very large swells at very low speeds, it rocks a lot, but I think most modern PWC's that sit so much higher out of the water than older ones would be similar. I've never gone slow in big swells with my FZR, so I can't compare it to how it was on my Cruiser, but the swells I'm talking about on my Cruiser were 20+ ft swells on the back side of Catalina Island.

2012 brand new. I think I'm going to look at aftermarket sponsons. I really think that's the problem.

+1
    2012 FX SHO is a new hull design. If you're experiencing the roll under thrust you can adjust the sponsons down to put more of the blades in the water. If the roll you describe isn't under thrust, adjustment or replacement won't help at all.

Thanks for that. I didn't know they were adjustable. I'll try that, first;yes I notice it under thrust. Really appreciate your knowledgeable input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by c porter View Post
    Thanks for that. I didn't know they were adjustable. I'll try that, first;yes I notice it under thrust. Really appreciate your knowledgeable input.
    My 2012 HO is much more stable under acceleration & at speed then my 07 HO.......infact at WOT it is rock solid, does not move around at all.

+1
    Hi

To: cporter...

May I ask what other pwc's have you ridden in the past?

regards,

OZFXSHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information