Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Crystal River Florida. Home of speed restricted manatee zones.
    +1

Cavitation...on the limiter...what is my next step...

Howdy all...

Finished installing the Manifold Ribbon delete and put an R&D intake grate (sealed) on my FZS. No real speed gain, 69mph & 5.8sec 0-60 per my iPhone (fully topped off tank), but this thing is on the limiter now, and cavitates like crazy out of the hole.

Whats my next step? ECU reflash and new impeller?

I dont have an RPM yet, as i dont have anything other than the factory tach...but it was right around 7750rpm which i think is on the limiter.

+1
    Next step is a repitch. You can either get your stock one repitched or buy one. I had the same scenario with pretty much the same mods, and went with a skat-track 13/23. It reduced the cavitation, but didn't totally eliminate it, and it got me off the limiter. After that, I upgraded my intercooler to a JD, and I occasionally barely hit the limiter in cooler water. I also just installed a B1 wheel today, but haven't got to test it out yet, but without a reflash, I'm sure there's a lot being left on the table.

+1
    Thanks. Ill start looking at a re-pitch, would you recommend the same pitch even after the JD? An IC is on my list of mods...I dont wanna pitch and re-pitch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
    Howdy all...

Finished installing the Manifold Ribbon delete and put an R&D intake grate (sealed) on my FZS. No real speed gain, 69mph & 5.8sec 0-60 per my iPhone (fully topped off tank), but this thing is on the limiter now, and cavitates like crazy out of the hole.

Whats my next step? ECU reflash and new impeller?

I dont have an RPM yet, as i dont have anything other than the factory tach...but it was right around 7750rpm which i think is on the limiter.
    Time for a Reflash or a repitch if you do not want to do a reflash. A modded vx plate will give you 3.5 + mph. Just sayin. You will need a tach if you decide to reflash and then repitch. I saw someone selling one ( pet 2500dx) pretty cheap on the forum classifieds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I also just installed a B1 wheel today, but haven't got to test it out yet, but without a reflash, I'm sure there's a lot being left on the table.
    You don't have a reflash and you just put in a B1 wheel... you do at least have a Powershot right?? I have a Powershot cheap if you need one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
    Thanks. Ill start looking at a re-pitch, would you recommend the same pitch even after the JD? An IC is on my list of mods...I dont wanna pitch and re-pitch.
    Pitching is the last thing once you have added all of your mods. When you get a reflash you will be around 8,000. Get an intercooler, Modded VX plate and then repitch or new prop to turn 8600. You will be around 78 mph.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    Time for a Reflash or a repitch if you do not want to do a reflash. A modded vx plate will give you 3.5 + mph. Just sayin. You will need a tach if you decide to reflash and then repitch. I saw someone selling one ( pet 2500dx) pretty cheap on the forum classifieds.
    funny, I think I know someone selling a R&D reflashed ECU, PET Tach and a Scat twinprop.
    Take a look and let me know Rick
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181135

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    You don't have a reflash and you just put in a B1 wheel... you do at least have a Powershot right?? I have a Powershot cheap if you need one.
    Next mod will be a reflash. I didn't think you needed a powershot with any of the low boost wheels.

+1
    Thanks for all the replies fellas! hdlefler, I dont think I want the VX plate as ive heard its only really good for speed and not so much for hookup. I do alot of ocean riding...need that hookup!!!

Chad...damn you...ill let you know. I know im going to need a reflash sooner than later. I just didnt think it would be this soon! lol. Let me see what I can do.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    No problem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information