Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2011 rxt260as will not go over 7000RPM 59mph

So the pwc we have here in china crashed up a hill and had some problems with overheating.
    We sent it in to get fixed and they showed us pics with the green water inside the engine that part has been fixed and the ski works now but can not go over 59mph before it could go 69mph
    there are 30 hours on the ski.

Before we sent it in to get fixed we were able to go 66mph but overheat within 5 mins of riding. The dealer says everything is fine and nothing is wrong we do have the stage 1 riva kit installed but we have not installed the speed control module just the air filter impeller and intake grate.

Here is what I am thinking, did the stupid dealer program the ski to not go over 7000 rpm or 59mph?

I can get to 8000 rpm if I go into reverse full power and then hit forward full power the pwc will go to 8000 rpm but only for about 1 second and then it goes back down to 6000 or so and climbs back up to 7000 at the max.

Sorry if I sound confusing explained it the best way that I can.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamad View Post
    So the pwc we have here in china crashed up a hill and had some problems with overheating.
    We sent it in to get fixed and they showed us pics with the green water inside the engine that part has been fixed and the ski works now but can not go over 59mph before it could go 69mph
    there are 30 hours on the ski.

Before we sent it in to get fixed we were able to go 66mph but overheat within 5 mins of riding. The dealer says everything is fine and nothing is wrong we do have the stage 1 riva kit installed but we have not installed the speed control module just the air filter impeller and intake grate.

Here is what I am thinking, did the stupid dealer program the ski to not go over 7000 rpm or 59mph?

I can get to 8000 rpm if I go into reverse full power and then hit forward full power the pwc will go to 8000 rpm but only for about 1 second and then it goes back down to 6000 or so and climbs back up to 7000 at the max.

Sorry if I sound confusing explained it the best way that I can.
    No they did not program the ecu to limit it. The first thing you should be looking at is a boost leak, check that all the hose clamps are very tight from SC to IC, IC to TB. If all good then check SC slip. Put in brand new spark plugs. This is a classic boost leak scenario.

Hi thanks for fast answer what is boost? my ski is now in the country side dealer is 1000km away and do not want to spend 500$ again to ship it to them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    No they did not program the ecu to limit it. The first thing you should be looking at is a boost leak, check that all the hose clamps are very tight from SC to IC, IC to TB. If all good then check SC slip. Put in brand new spark plugs. This is a classic boost leak scenario.

+1

ah ok super charge inter cooler and what is TB?

+1
    Hi thanks for fast answer what is boost? my ski is now in the country side dealer is 1000km away and do not want to spend 500$ again to ship it to them.
    One of the hoses that connect from your supercharger to your inter cooler is not tightened correctly. Hence this problem the boost(pressure built by your supercharger) is leaking which is making you lose performance.

+1
    ah ok super charge inter cooler and what is TB?
    Throttlebody

ok thanks guys or gals

+1
    SC = supercharger
    IC = intercooler
    TB = throttle body

boost leak is the air from the SC going to the IC then to the TB. All it takes is one loose hose clamp to cause what you are seeing. Don't just look at it, put a wrench on ALL hose clamps, get them very tight! While your at it raise the Ibr gate and check all bolts in the pump area for tightness, there have been lots of guys having loose bolts here!

Your going to have a hard time getting access to these hoses since you have a "260as" model, but you gotta do it!

good luck

Update

Did everything you guys said

Up to. 7300tpm now bottem and mods full power but still stuck at 59 mph top speed
    what else can I check for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information