+1

Hi to everyone this is my ski

Hi im new in the forum and i have not formely introduced myself due to not having my ski. I finally made the purchase after a long debate weather to go with a new or use ski. It all happen one day when i woke up and looked at craigslist as i always did for the past 3 months. I saw the ski listed in craigslist, so i went checked it out and purchased it. Only reason i bought it was because it was a great deal. The ski didnt start but was making the clicking sound of a dead battery or starter. So i took the gamble. I ended up changing the battery and it started turning over but could not get it to start. A friend came over and advised me to put a little bit of oil in the cylinders to creat some compression. So i went ahead and it started up. Its a 2006 yamaha fx cruiser 140. Bought it with 46 hours. It mainly has dock scratches and one fist size indent in the rear port side. Now Im just looking to meet some folks who like to share and enjoy this hobby. Let me know what you guys think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0738.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	277327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0739.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	277328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	277329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	277330

I would suggest that you do a complete tune up before you take it out. Oil change, plugs, filter and siphon as much of that gas out as possible and fill er up with fresh gas. 46 hours is nothing for that machine but it also tells me that it's been sitting for a long time. The worst thing you can do to a ski is not use it.

+1
    Thanks for the advice. When i bought it he actually told me that he had changed the plugs, the oil and the filter. Checked it out and it was true brand new plugs, brand new filter and brand new oil. So i didnt even have to get those things saved myself a few bucks.

Only issue i had with it once i changed out the battery and got it started was the thermostat. It was clogged with calcium build up, so the first time i put it on the hose it overheated within a minute and like a noob i freaked out and shut the ski off for about 5 seconds then i realized what an idiot i was and turned the ski back on. The result was milkshake and again like a noob i thought it was due to water getting in somewhere in the engine. Though the final results was that i got the water through the exhaust and ive almost completely taken out the water out the system through oil changes.

So friday was my first time with it out, but i was by myself and i didnt want to risk breaking down alone, so i just went for a short ride around the marina. Everything checked out ok topped out at about 63 or so.

All i want now is to take it out with some folks from here and enjoy it.

+1
    All i want now is to take it out with some folks from here and enjoy it.
    There are some good peeps in South FL you can ride with, best thing to do is link up with a local riders club; just be careful because there are some crooks out there who will steal your ski. Look in the section of the forum called "local rides."

yes be very weary of people u.ride with...

+1
    Is that spray foam ("Great Stuff") filling the damaged spot? If so, I'd dig it out and go get some marine grade epoxy to patch it up.

+1
    Did you get that oil light situation worked out? Make sure to fill it according to the manual. Great ski. Buddy had one just like it and was a good ski for him.

+1
    Thanks for the advice guys really appreciate it. I hope i get with you guys some day. Im new posting but ive been reading for sometime and ive seen very good friendships here.

64physhy - yes its spray foam it does do a great job. Only reason why i havent taken it to the body shop to get it fixed is because im just making sure the ski is in riding condition before spending cash on looks. Once i know its good to ride. Im gonna take it in and get it touched up. I hate having it their but rather spend the cash in fixing any mechanical issues wich so far i have found none.

leejax01 - Yea it just popped out after a good 5 sec run full throttle. The only issue im having is the oil level situation. My ski for some reason does the opposite. When cold it shows over the full mark and when hot (on the hose) shows in the inbetween mark. Instead of draining into the crankcase it just over fills the oil tank. I'ved looked and have not seen any threads regarding this.

And if i take all the oil out and refill it till it touches the tip of the dip stick once its hot you dont even see oil in the tank except what is draining back into it but you see the bottom of the tank. Makes no sense lol. This is exactly what you see just with some oil draining from the return lines.

Only thing im thinking is a weak oil pump?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	277755  

Thread Information