Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

R1 ECU.... No increase in RPM

Guys.... i just put my ski in the water after doing stage 1 to my FZS and i just put my new ECU reflashed to R1. R&D mentioned my RPMS would increase to 8400 however i only managed to stay at the same RPMS 7500.... What could be the cause? i hit 120km on flat top end .

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I'd check your your prop pitch first. The R1 doesnt advance the timing much (if any). Your ECU will allow you to get to 8400, so you will need to repitch to get your RPMs up higher or change wheels to increase your boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    I'd check your your prop pitch first. The R1 doesnt advance the timing much (if any). Your ECU will allow you to get to 8400, so you will need to repitch to get your RPMs up higher or change wheels to increase your boost.
    x2

+1
    How do i repitch my prop? Shouldn't the dynafly prop increase the boost or is that for low end acceleration?

+1
    Are you using the factory tach or an aftermarket one such as PET or Tiny Tach? If you are using the factory one then thats the next thing you need to get!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishFZS View Post
    How do i repitch my prop? Shouldn't the dynafly prop increase the boost or is that for low end acceleration?
    First you need to find out what your RPMS are using a good tach, and then you can repitch it using the methods described in numerous posts on the board.... or you can ship it off to someone like Impros to do it for you.

+1
    To repitch the prop, you can do it yourself if you get prop gauge, or send to a company like Impro or Island Racing to have them do it for you. You need to get a good base line of your RPMs with an aftermarket tach. Then figure out where you want your RPMs to be, and have it repitch for that.
    An aftermarket prop is good, but it's not just a bolt-n-go item. you need to get it pitched to the needs of your ski if that makes sence.
    The only way to increase boost is to increase your RPMs ( That will get your charger wheel spinning faster ). Or install a charger wheel that is designed to create more boost.

>>>> Hahaha Clint types faster than me

+1
    say for example i just purchase another prop which will increase my rpms. which one would i need to get. I just read the factory readings on the dash, don't have anything to read the actual RPMS.

+1
    say for example i just purchase another prop which will increase my rpms. which one would i need to get. I just read the factory readings on the dash, don't have anything to read the actual RPMS.
    An aftermarket tach is a must. The factory Tach is junk. You need to know your RPMs or your just guessing.
    Besides you want to take your RPMs beyond what the factory tach is capable of reading.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Like has been said, you need a better tach... with what you have and you want extra boost I would probably add a mild supercharger wheel like a C1. You already have the R1 so you will be fine with a mild wheel, just use some better gas after that. That will help spin that prop you have (13/22R from what I gather). If you need more rpms (and thus make more boost) then you have a few options: A) repitch the prop you have (Jim at Jims Performance does a great job with the Solas props on these skis); B) repitch your stock prop; C) get a different prop such as a 13/23 Skat and go from there.

*** Chad you beat me this time! lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information