2000 Genesis Ficht - problem/question.

I have a 2000 Genesis Ficht, that ran great this weekend until I was coming into the dock and it started to miss like a plug was fouling out. I changed out the plugs with a set of different ones (checked spark and had it on all 3 cylinders) it ran even worse. I put the original set in that I had been running on all weekend and now it will not come off idle and I have a "check engine" message on the display. I pulled the harness from the TPS and the check engine light went away but still nothing off of idle. Does this sound like a TPS problem? I have heard it is coming for them to go out, if so is that a direct drop in or does it have to be programed to the EEM?

The second question I have is, the supply line on the injectors is it on the top or the bottom. Any help would be great? Is there a place where someone can get a program for that ski besides the dealer?

Thanks guys.

Rick.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like TPS trouble.

Replacement TPS bolts in, usually without any recalibration required. Make sure throttle cable slack is correct at idle position and the TPS spring is correctly positioned.

Only NGK PZFR6H spark plugs will work, no substitutes.

Fuel RETURN line has the schrader valve tee.

K447,

I have the correct plugs, I have heard over the years there are no subsitutes. I will look for a TPS or do you know any one who may have one?...is there any aftermarket ones?
    Thanks for the info.

Still need some help with this Genesis....it will idle but not rev up. I ran it for a week with no problems and then it started to miss. I changed the plugs got worse, put the original plugs back in that I was running with and now I have the problem.... will idle but no reving up. I checked the fuel pressure with it running (schreader tap on return line 20 psi) I pinched off the return line after the valve while the ski was running and it jumped up to 38 psi. I checked the ohm's on the TPS 7.8K ohms with a closed throttle and 1088 ohms with is wide open and there does not seam to be a break in the ohms when cycling the throttle.
    Any help would be great, I do not want to sell it because I like the ski but I do not want to stick a boat lod of money into it.

Thanks Rick.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Try a new TPS. If it works, great.

If not, keep it as a spare, or if you really don't want to inventory it then sell it for almost what it cost you.

And check the TPS electrical connections. Must be clean, tight and free of dielectric grease.

Thread Information