Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Jetworks kit on an Ultra150

I recently added the Jetworks kit to one of my GPRS and loved the results. Does anyone know if this can be added to an Ultra150 or even better, has anyone done this already and what kind of difference did it make?

look at skiworx.com.. that would be the stinger mod .. Supposidly it helps a bit.. not tons.. but some is better than none I guess. (I'm also considering the mod..)

+1
    I saw that and wondered. Looks like you could spend about $300 to $500 and make the ski run! I love the low end pull on this ski and I would love to make it pull harder, and maybe get to 70 doing it. I know that kind of speed will cost much more than $500 though.

Caution raider fan in the area !!
    +1
    kirk,you have a pm

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

70 on an ultra 150

To get an ultra 150 over 70, your looking at having reliabilty problems, Ive 2 2002 150's one runs 69.7 and the other 68.1, the first one has just about everything that could be done to it with out having reliabilty problems,never have had to wrench on either.Ive stepped up this year, working on an Ultra 250 now.

jetworks on Ultra 150

I wouldn't waste my money on it, period. I had a D 3 pipe on an Ultra 150 the way James Crone said to run it and I actually lost top speed, about 2 1/2 mph on top but the ski was much much quicker. Personally, I think theh system was designed ( the D 3 that is) for a low budget cc racer but then it would put you in limited class running against triple piped skis and you just wouldn't keep up but the D 3 was very quick just don't expect any gains on top end at all, not worth the money. If I had an Ultra 150 and was looking for the most bang for the buck I'd go with ADA heads, probably Blackjack carbs, leave the exhaust ALONE, and on a ski like I had running 67.9 gps with no engine mods just handling that would put it over 70 with no reliability problems and be very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    To get an ultra 150 over 70, your looking at having reliabilty problems, Ive 2 2002 150's one runs 69.7 and the other 68.1, the first one has just about everything that could be done to it with out having reliabilty problems,never have had to wrench on either.Ive stepped up this year, working on an Ultra 250 now.

And I do disagree with having an Ultra over 70 and having reliability problems just for the record. I don't know what your running on your Ultra 150 but with the mods listed above on one of your Ultras with me on it your Ultra 250x would never see the front end of it.

+1
    Ski is still stock for now. I just want a little bang to go with it, without compromising reliablility.

My plans are;
    ADA head, I have one on my 2000 gpr and love it.
    Ride plate
    Grate
    Impellor

Am I missing anything else?
    I'm not very concerned with top end, I just love getting there before others.
    This ski is mainly used by my 14 year old daughter, so I do not really want a beast anyway, just something to throw around and still keep up with everyone else.
    I have a lead on another one with very low hours and is in mint condition so, I may have 2 to deal with very soon.

If I may throw my 2 cents in:
    My buddy has a 99 ultra. He bought the jetworks kit for 300. forget from where. That mod and handling mods(ride plate, sponsons, grate) and he gps'ed best of 70.3. I would not believe it if I had not seen it with my own 2 eyes. That thing is the fastest 3500 dollar ski I have ever seen.
    ( I am a Sea Doo guy so this is an unbiased opinion)
    here is his ride....

I have a level II Ultra 150 with ada jetworx stinger mod pump shimmed, Shred Master ride plate, R&D extended nozzle{1mph gain} and so on. SKIWORX is who ya want to get with on that jetworx thingy. There is work to be done at his shop to the stinger in order to have this but it does in fact work great... Hold water out the box til 3000 rpm's holeshot gains are great and topend gain aswell. The stock grate is the fastest especially if skiworx mods it... Ya also have to get the skiworx tripple pisser kit it has precise holes drilled the same as the stinger fitting... The SM plate will be a must ya will never ride again w/o it.... If ya have any other questions about ultra 150 just ask I've had one for over 4 yrs....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information