Where Can I Buy Performance Parts

I have a 2003 MSX 140 and I'd like to put on a 6 degree pump wedge and possibly a 8 or 12 vane stator depending on what its going to cost. Does anyone know where I can find these two items?

Im trying to get the most out of my ski. I have already checked the cable slack, checked TPS position. And was thinking about buying a 2004 ride plate and R&D 650 grate off of Ebay along with the wedge and maybe a different stator. My friend who I ride with has a 2002 genesis and I pretty much want to dust him whenever I feel the need. Only problem is I out weigh him by about 115lbs..lol

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What kind of water conditions do you normally ride?

The 8 and 12 vanes are for good hook up in rougher water, the stock 6 vane is meant for more top speed.

The R&D intake grate is also for better hook up in rougher water.

A 6* wedge will increase top speed, but may cause issues if you ride in rough water VS. the stock 4*.

Oh I see. I ride on Lake Erie strictly. Around South Bass Island. Usually there is a slight chop.

+1
    I too ride Erie and it normally has 1-3' chop by me. The wedge might help or it may hinder you. You'd have to try it and see.

The 8 vane might help keep you hooked up better in conditions like that. What good is top speed on flat water if you never ride flat water? Or if you can't even get up to top speed because of waves?

A 12 vane might be a bit of overkill for a stock MSX. That's usually for a race set up.

The R&D grate may help too.

Set it up for what you usually ride and it will be more fun, than the few times it's flat and get a couple more MPH. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for the advice. Where can I find the 8 vane and the 6* wedge at? Would an AAT from wetwolf make a big difference too for 1-2' chop?

+1
    Both are going to be hard to find. Try Watcon.com for the wedge and see if John has any. The 8 vane and the wedge may be best found searching through old classifieds on here.

Haven't tried an AAT, so I cannot comment on that.

ok..Thanks again for the info

+1
    An MSX 140 with 3 riders will still outrun a genesis with 1. Those different pump stators would be a waste of money. If you ride in chop the Genesis will have the advantage of holding more of its speed, in some chop a different intake grate will help you hold more speed, make sure impeller is in good condition too. Pump wedges work great in smoother water, but usually not so much in chop.

+1
    6 degree wedge good for a couple mph on glass to 12 in chop.more than that it will slow you down,best money spent is measure the squish on each cyl and mark them.cc the heads(mine were all diff but close)and cut max .010 to get them all the same.just my opinion.it worked good for me

Thanks for your input folks

Thread Information