rxp steve
    +1

Is my S3 setup missing MPH

I've been reading the mods database and what other people are doing with there S3 setups and can't seem to get near those speeds. I'm turning my untouched 15/20r, 8160 rpm and my best GPS was only 76.4 RXP. On my RXT I'm turning an untouched 14/19r @ 8180 and only seeing 71 (wife's ski). They are running flawless and never miss a beat, I believe I have the tune spot on but just not getting those kinds of speeds. I have lined the motors, new props and wear rings and has helped in 10ths. It seems to me if I'm turning my props those RPM's as other setups, I would see the speed. Am I missing something?
    During the winter I plan on aligning the pump shoes to see if that helps and playing with the timing. Any Ideas ???

+1
    Your speeds sound spot on to me.. A little on the high side even..
    Don't forget, that with the setups you are looking at, these guys are probably running the RIVA ecus.

rxp steve
    +1
    On the RXP, sitting on the seat I can run a consistent 74 or so. It will change with the weather conditions. The 76 was during the cooler months. The RXT doesn't seem to change, hot or cold. Some of the S3 setups had the Riva ECU's, the ones I was looking at didn't and said they were running 78 to 79mph. I just thought I was missing something.
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp steve View Post
    On the RXP, sitting on the seat I can run a consistent 74 or so. It will change with the weather conditions. The 76 was during the cooler months. The RXT doesn't seem to change, hot or cold. Some of the S3 setups had the Riva ECU's, the ones I was looking at didn't and said they were running 78 to 79mph. I just thought I was missing something.
    Thanks
    Maybe in perfect conditions, with perfect tuning of the ski those numbers are achievable, but I would be very happy with your numbers if I were you. On the day you ran 76.4 @ 8160, you could have went and added 1mm to your prop and probably ran 77... But is it really worth it?
    The best I have run with my ski is 79mph with a 15/22, I know it had some more in it, but I didn't want to spend more time and effort with installing a wedge, repitching the prop, etc. I'm just giving you this as an example that just throwing parts on a ski doesn't necessarily make it fast, a lot of effort goes into getting it running just right. At the end of the day, I just want to ride the damn thing

rxp steve
    +1
    I couldn't be happier with my ski's and the way they run. I'm not going to change anything, I just wanted to know if I had left anything on the table, with tune or alignment. And at the end of the day, you couldn't be more right.
    Thanks

+1
    i ran 76 mph way back when i had an s3.... your spot on for mph wise and rpm

+1
    Remember RXT will be a good few MPH slower than an RXP.

Thread Information