Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

one more power valve question

hey guys so i fried a power valve servo motor a couple weeks ago and i just replaced it. it cycles good and was working great in the beginning of my ride but then when i was crusing at top speed 62mph on stock speedo all the sudden the servo would close and i would drop some rpms and speed then it would open again. it kept doing that on and off on and off for a while. i had the seat open a bit so i could see the servo motor.What could be causing this could the cables be adjusted wrong i have them pretty tight but a little slack. or can there be something wrong with the servo motor itself.

ps the last half hour of my ride it stopped doing it ant the ski ran great

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebizz98 View Post
    hey guys so i fried a power valve servo motor a couple weeks ago and i just replaced it. it cycles good and was working great in the beginning of my ride but then when i was crusing at top speed 62mph on stock speedo all the sudden the servo would close and i would drop some rpms and speed then it would open again. it kept doing that on and off on and off for a while. i had the seat open a bit so i could see the servo motor.What could be causing this could the cables be adjusted wrong i have them pretty tight but a little slack. or can there be something wrong with the servo motor itself.

ps the last half hour of my ride it stopped doing it ant the ski ran great
    was it a new or used servo motor, sounds like a bad connection or a bad servo motor.

what waverunner model?,,,,most power valve engines' power valves open around 6,000 rpms. are you around that rpm when your speedo is reading 62mph?

+1
    Thought the valves opened at 4500

+1
    From what I have read is the power valves close when the motor hits the rev limit,the way to fix it is to send the cdi to pro tec and have it reprogrammed or get a pv controller,or you can prob get a impellar that will bring your rpms down.what year/ model is the ski and what are the rpms

+1
    It's a 2001 gp800. It's a used servo. Im taking it it out now I'll see how the rpms look

my xlt800 (same motor as the GP800) PVs open at 6,000 rpm... If you are cruising around the 6,000 rpm range, the PVs will open and close a little and make it feel like it is surging up and down a mile an hour or so, especially in smooth water...

+1
    I rode the ski and the same thing was going on. But when I watched the servo motor and some times it would open all the way an then close alittle making me go from aroun 7700 rpm from what I could tell off factory gauge down to 6500. I was thinking maybe it was the adjustment in the cables but then I think why would it open all the way and be ok sometimes. I really hope the servo isn't messed up

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebizz98 View Post
    I rode the ski and the same thing was going on. But when I watched the servo motor and some times it would open all the way an then close alittle making me go from aroun 7700 rpm from what I could tell off factory gauge down to 6500. I was thinking maybe it was the adjustment in the cables but then I think why would it open all the way and be ok sometimes. I really hope the servo isn't messed up
    that's what it sound like or a corroded connection.

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information