Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Looking for lifter wedges besides Hydroturf

I have seen some that I like but don't remember where. I though Jettrim had them for runabouts but only see them on their site for stand-ups. The ones I liked didn't stick out as far & were more rounded in shape. I don't want the block shaped wedges HT makes because I'm afraid of badly injuring an anle or knee from getting my foot caught under it during an off.

+1
    Hydroturf makes a beveled set. The blocks are supposed to go on the outside edge of the footwell,not the inside. If it's on the inside, you risk busting an ankle no matter what. It should be so your outer foot is hooked under it, not your inner foot. Just in case you didn't know

+1
    I just checked their site, and don't see the beveled one there anymore. They must have discontinued them. I got mine from them about a year and a half ago. You could try calling and see if they still have them.

+1
    I use the regular Hydroturf ones on all my skis. I make sure to put them high enough that I can sort of flex my foot up to lock into place and not so low that my foot would get stuff if I was tossed.

+1
    Yeah, I've seen the beveled ones from HT. I'm looking for something similar to the ones below that Jettrim makes for the SXR. I remember the ones I liked had a colored border just like these, which is why I'm thinking they were also from JT. Guess I'll just give them a call.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage_lb_image_page33_0_1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	277527  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Yeah, I've seen the beveled ones from HT. I'm looking for something similar to the ones below that Jettrim makes for the SXR. I remember the ones I liked had a colored border just like these, which is why I'm thinking they were also from JT. Guess I'll just give them a call.
    I was wanting to get the jettrim footwell kit with the wedges built into the fabric. But, on the jettrim site i only found the seatcovers for the sitdowns.

+1
    OHHHH thats what those are! In the Farthing video that was posted you can see those type of wedges on his ski on takeoff. I was trying to figure out what those striped things were and now it makes sense. How do those attach to the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    OHHHH thats what those are! In the Farthing video that was posted you can see those type of wedges on his ski on takeoff. I was trying to figure out what those striped things were and now it makes sense. How do those attach to the ski?
    Yep, in the round 4 video you can get a good view of the lifter wedges which are built into the matting. It looks like a jettrim kit. They look sweet when new but after. 3 to 4 years they start showing there age. My 08 sho has the jettrim matting and i am looking at replacing the matting due to it not looking good anymore. The hydroturf looks like a better longer lasting option.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    YES! I thought I remembered seeing them on one of the racer's boats. I think I also remember see a pic of Macc's Yamaha that had something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    Yep, in the round 4 video you can get a good view of the lifter wedges which are built into the matting. It looks like a jettrim kit. They look sweet when new but after. 3 to 4 years they start showing there age. My 08 sho has the jettrim matting and i am looking at replacing the matting due to it not looking good anymore. The hydroturf looks like a better longer lasting option.
    How does the JT kit install? I watched the vidoe & couldn't tell if they were separate pieces glued to the gunwale or if it was one piece with their mat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    YES! I thought I remembered seeing them on one of the racer's boats. I think I also remember see a pic of Macc's Yamaha that had something similar.

How does the JT kit install? I watched the vidoe & couldn't tell if they were separate pieces glued to the gunwale or if it was one piece with their mat.
    They are glued in, like you do with the HT KIT.
    The footholds are built into the matting on the jettrim. It would be nice to see if they are available to the general public!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information