2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar

Stock 215 RXP, looking to go with a stainless impeller - which one and from where?

Hey guys, I'm really looking for efficiency rather than power/ top speed. Is replacing the impeller with a stainless Solas (for example) at about $250-300 in addition to a stainless wear ring at $110 worth the investment? Didn't see any sticky or specific threads via search that talked about impellers for stock machines.

What pitch should I go with? Also thinking about doing the same for my 430hp (215 x2) Seadoo speedster jetboat - getting really sick of how much gas my 2 jetski's and the boat suck up everytime we go out!!

BTW everything is kept on Lake Michigan so rarely do we suck rocks up.

+1
    There is not going to be an increase in fuel economy from changing impellers.FYI - The stock impeller is also stainless.

+1
    There is probably a little economy to be gained from switching intake grates and upgrading to a 4" air intake.
    It will improve performance also.

Anyone else have any input on this??

I'm being told by a couple different shops that the Solas stainless impeller combo with a stainless wear ring will optimize efficiency by 5-10% because the upgraded impeller won't flex as much under load and also that the clearance between the impeller and the stainless steel wear ring is tighter than with the plastic one.

Also a bit skeptical adding a 4" intake onto the engine as I've heard of engines running lean and dropping valves from the heat created.

+1
    IMO dont go with the stainless wear ring because wearings are cheaper then impellers. Second, a 4in intake wont make your ski run that lean. As for efficiency up by 5-10%....I'm going to call BS haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin_quat View Post

Also a bit skeptical adding a 4" intake onto the engine as I've heard of engines running lean and dropping valves from the heat created.

Not true at all!

Yes, the Solas impeller is a huge improvement over the stock impeller. Don't forget to use the greenhulk coupon code here in the forums store as it will save you 10% off the listed price.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Not true at all!

Yes, the Solas impeller is a huge improvement over the stock impeller. Don't forget to use the greenhulk coupon code here in the forums store as it will save you 10% off the listed price.
    13/18 pitch on the Solas as it's going on a stock engine? I want it to be most efficient at around 35-45mph, ~5500RPM

Thread Information