Good Deal or not?

I've been in the market for a while for a good used seadoo and think i found one for a steal. It's a 2004 GTX yellow/black with only 39 hours. The owner is a woman in her 60's and she bought two of them brand new in 2005. It has been sitting up this year and hasnt been taken out or even moved. She said she took it to the river last year and has been sitting in her garage ever since. Said it has never had any problems. She wants $3700 for it. Was thinking about going to start it up and taking it for a test drive. Let me know if this is a good price and a good ski? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdsmith3 View Post
    I've been in the market for a while for a good used seadoo and think i found one for a steal. It's a 2004 GTX yellow/black with only 39 hours. The owner is a woman in her 60's and she bought two of them brand new in 2005. It has been sitting up this year and hasnt been taken out or even moved. She said she took it to the river last year and has been sitting in her garage ever since. Said it has never had any problems. She wants $3700 for it. Was thinking about going to start it up and taking it for a test drive. Let me know if this is a good price and a good ski? Thanks
    Supercharged? Yellow/black so I assume it is. The ceramic washers in the supercharger blow apart so that is something you need to check. They need to be updated with metal ones ASAP. Also think thete was a problem with the exhaust valves. Go to the performance section and read the stickies. Price wise if the washers are good is really good, freshwater? You will need to remove the s/c and get it rebuilt, so thats like 600-700 if you have someone do the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Supercharged? Yellow/black so I assume it is. The ceramic washers in the supercharger blow apart so that is something you need to check. They need to be updated with metal ones ASAP. Also think thete was a problem with the exhaust valves. Go to the performance section and read the stickies. Price wise if the washers are good is really good, freshwater? You will need to remove the s/c and get it rebuilt, so thats like 600-700 if you have someone do the rebuild.
    Yes it is supercharged. What all would have to be done to it since it has been sitting up for over a year? New to this and was wanting to know. Thanks again.

3700 is just a luke warm deal for that ski. 2004 ski's that have sat for awhile tend to have exhaust valve corrosion issues. Where are you located? There are 2 in my hometown with a double trailer listed for $5900.

Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    3700 is just a luke warm deal for that ski. 2004 ski's that have sat for awhile tend to have exhaust valve corrosion issues. Where are you located? There are 2 in my hometown with a double trailer listed for $5900.
    I'm located in south mississippi. She would come off of that price i know. She has two of the same skis and each have an individual trailer. We are probably going to see if she would take 6000 or less for both of them. Both have less than 40 hours.

Sounds like a great deal if everything works but don't use it before you get that supercharger rebuilt I know it will be tempting but it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdsmith3 View Post
    I'm located in south mississippi. She would come off of that price i know. She has two of the same skis and each have an individual trailer. We are probably going to see if she would take 6000 or less for both of them. Both have less than 40 hours.
    I know the ones you are talking about. These were just listed today and are $5900 for the pair. They are the same ones I missed 2 weeks ago for $3500. Appears the buyer rebuilt the superchargers, put new seat covers on and is reselling. Still a decent price though.

Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    I know the ones you are talking about. These were just listed today and are $5900 for the pair. They are the same ones I missed 2 weeks ago for $3500. Appears the buyer rebuilt the superchargers, put new seat covers on and is reselling. Still a decent price though.
    You have seen these that i am looking at? Where are you located?

Lower Alabama

Went and looked at one yesterday. It's in great shape. The hull is excellent no scratches nothing is faded. The inside of the hull is spotless. The engine look to be in great shape. It needs a new battery. She said I could pick it up and take it for a test ride when I get back from vacation and she would put a new battery in. The only that's wrong is the rims on the trailer are rusted

Thread Information