rotary seal quick help

Im trying to put my new oil pump in the rear on the pto housing. I used a press and got to this point:

and now im confused. If you look here: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=135&B=11 i have the part number 6 and supposed to have part number 5 but i dont know about that one. Is that piece that i took out on the top the seal? What is pressed in? Do i take more apart or do i stop here? Thanks

+1
    You need to replace the entire seal, Gently and Carefully remove what is left of that seal in the housing...Dont gouge the surface!!!!!!

I hope that's the old one, once the old one's are out push in the rubber oil seal then press the new seal into the housing pressing down on the outer only then you need to support the ceramic side while you are pushing the new shaft into position, the inner part of the seal should be about 4mm above the seal rim once in place, there is a tool for this job that puts it into its correct position but not needed for a one off job, don't forget to change the rubber oil seal under that seal too

what part numbers on that page is everything i need for this? It appears the part im looking at on the page has more to it than appears. So that metal comes out? Is it ok for it to bend its done for ill get a new one right? Because its pressed in obviously. I think looking at the schematic for oem parts confused me...

I have a press that i can use, you sure i shouldnt get the tools?

if you can get them quick why not, yes you can bend it to get it out, I used to use sockets and tubes for the press but now got the tool
    rotary seal pusher 529 035 823
    Rotary Seal 420650370
    Oil Seal 420650310
    seal protector 529035822

In your opinion is the tool worth it, ie make it easier and more precise?

as long as you dont push down on the spring side of the seal too much, no its not needed. just check the height

Could you explaing that a little more? That manual doesnt tell me much, if only i trusted the dealer to do something simple..

while pushing the long shaft of the oil pump you must support the inner part of the rotary seal, once you've pushed the shaft in all the way, check the seal before going all the way down, you might find that the seal is still a bit high, , if it is place the inner part of the shaft down on the press (and a plate) and with a tube press down the inner until its about 4mm up from the rim.
    with the Seadoo tools its a lot easier

Thread Information