Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ever get to the point where you were hanging on and....

Having a blast - riding hard and made a turn too fast, and just barely hung on? And in the next few seconds you turned just as hard and got a nice wake hitting you broadside at the same time? Do you remember what you saw as you were flung the F*&k off at 60 and were flipping upside down and then rolling across the water? Coming up above the surface to finally realize that you were tossed off your machine? Then gasping for breath and wondering where the hell the Ski was? Gathering yourself, checking to make sure everything (body parts) are all still there, and then the nice 300 yard swim to the ski once you spotted it?

Yep - I got my 1st taste of all that today. All I can say is WOW! I loved it. Now, all I want is more. The rush is damn near the 1st time I jumped out of a helicopter doing fast rope in the Marine Corps.

Bastards - ALL of you for making me buy this damn thing and falling in love with it.

+1
    I took a spill yesterday at about 30. No big deal, but my buddy lost it at about 55 catching up to me. I saw the whole thing, he was in riding position, but not on the ski anymore, it was hilarious. I gave him a ride so he didn't have to swim for 5 mins, lost his water shoes too. Good times!

I am sore - took a good hit to my hip, but it was well worth it. Now I know what it feels like....and I think I lost a bit of the fear and apprehension that I was hanging onto! I may be on the lake with the rest of the locals (Jetpilot785) sooner than I anticipated.

+1
    Where do you ride? I am from Rochester, so I mainly go out in Irondequoit. I hear you about the apprehension, my ski was down for a month because I got T boned, and I felt a bit nervous for a few minutes.

I ride mainly in the Upper Niagara River - just under 2 miles from the Falls! On an average day you can see the mist from the Falls where we ride. We have a local hang out called Grass Island or Sunken Island
    that is knee deep water and a HUGE party all summer long. Check out the youtube page for some more specifics. http://www.youtube.com/user/SeadooGTXLtd?feature=mhee

been there done that lol. wait for the time when you get thrown off and it takes you for ever to swim to the ski from current and waves.

+1
    My buddies dad hung on too long a month ago and horribly broke his ankle, just let go.

I used to thinking that falling in the water was fun too, until I fell on my side at about 60 and cracked 4 ribs, punctured my lung, and lacerated my spleen. Spent a week in the hospital.

Resident Coffee Addict Oshawapilot's Avatar
    +1
    Did this a few weeks ago at about 40 when my son took the "If I'm coming off, you're coming off with me" approach to our ride. Lost my $200 sunglasses on that one.

I took an EPIC faceplant off my kneeboard this past weekend. Was being towed by my newphew, got a good clip going, was being a little too brave for my skill level, and while jumping the wake I caught the front lip of the board on the landing. One second I was flying down the lake, and the next split second I was eating lake face first.

I would have paid to have video of it. I didn't know what the heck happened for about 10 seconds after that one..took some time to compute and "get with the program" again.

Looks like you have an awesome place to hang out pretty cool area.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information