Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wide band questions on 300x

I want to put a wide band on my ski so I bought an AEM failsafe:

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...safe-gauge-84/

I want to watch the a/f of the ski as some say its rich, some say lean. I want to know what my ski is to keep it safe. I purchased an aluminum bung hole to weld onto the stock pipe:

http://www.racepartssolutions.com/pr...prod=JOD-o2ALU

So I have some questions... If anyone else running it.. which I know there are as I have found it in the search, however, I did not see anyone mention where they are locating it. I'm assuming off the main log that goes down into the water box? Problems with locating it there?

The failsafe will also use RPM input in its data logging so you can watch a/f, I can't find a pinout of which cable that would be that goes into the dash, any help?

What would you use for power? I'm assuming the whatever gets power when you insert the immobilizer key? Its that or a separate switch which I can do but I'd rather an automatic solution and since I have an old Riva SCOM I'd like to put that to the same power source. I'll run a relay if need be.

Thanks for any help guys.. I have searched a lot but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for sorry if it has been covered.

Banned User
    +1
    You can tap it where you mentioned but you will not be able to idle around with the sensor in like the seadoo guys. Design of the wb will allow water to splash back up and wipe out your sensor.... Every time no doubt about it

God at the risk of sounding like some others on here.... What's the point unless you got some scret squirrel stuff going on no one else has

Hm.. I understand.. Also this is why we have the exhaust filter so what you are saying makes complete sense, thats why I asked before I just did it.. I don't think I can get on the inside of exhaust and filter either.. I'll have to look into that.

As far as why.. why not?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The 300 header is slightly different than the 260 and as a result it tends to fry sensors if placed at the down pipe of the header. On my 15f since there isn't really a good place to thread the stock pipe unlike the ultra header I cut and welded the bung right by the head. I only get readings from one cylinder but it keeps the sensor dry.

Kawasaki uses these little cube plugs on their wiring harness to distribute power and ground you can get power from there if they have an open spot. Then it will be more waterproof than just splicing.

I'll upload a picture in a bit.

Sean

+1
    Is there room for a O2 spacer where the filter goes.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but mounting it that far back is part of why the water was getting on the sensors. Maybe if you could mount it before the filter but I'm not sure without looking at it. I can't recommend this but I would be very interested to see the difference in afr on the number one cylinder only while running the scom or the washer mod as that is the cylinder that burns up.

Sean

No.. I haven't done this yet. I was just here looking for some answers before I did so. However I think what he is saying is correct it would make sense that it would get wet at the location I stated. I'm going to have to really look at the header later today. The only reason I tried to stray away from that is because when I tried to remove my exhaust filter to inspect it. I could get it to move about 1-2in from where it was but I could never actually get the log off of the ski for some reason it just would not come loose. The only thing I Was able to remove was the downpipe.

+1
    I'm utilizing the Diagnostic Port power (switched & fused) to power my "older/original" Riva SCOM. This is EXACTLY how the R&D SCOM is wired, and so far it's working great. The "newer" Riva SCOM installation instructions obtain switched & fused power from the Meter Unit Buzzer. I personally don't like that idea, but I'm sure smarter people than me decided on that as a power source. Riva and R&D have all their product installation instructions posted on their websites.

I will look there. Thank you! Now I just need to find out what wire is RPM to dash, anyone have wiring schematics anywhere?

+1
    ECU information (RPM) is transmitted over a single wire (serial) to the Meter Unit on Pin #8 (Wire BL/BK).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information