Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q Plate for F15x

I installed the Q Plate on my ski over the weekend and got to try it out Tuesday this week. It was fantastic. Here is what I can tell you so far about the plate. It was very rough on Lake Erie so I can tell you that I could not get a top end speed like I would want to. I did gain almost 3 MPH though and I am sure if I could have hit more, if the water was calm, probably 4 or perhaps 5 would have been seen. For now it went from low 75's to mid 77's. It was a little more jumpy than I was before with my set-up on the "waves", my existing set up was a stock plate and a 5% wedge and it was not much of a jumper with that set up. With the Q Plate, I installed it with a 2.5% wedge and I liked it, it seemed to be jumpy on waves like it used to be when it was stock with no wedge at all. I did not see any more water splash with the Q Plate or any difference in the handling at all. The ski was very nuetral and solid at every speed, did not see any bounce or erratic motions from the ski. I did opt to get the plate with the speedo hole welded over, and have installed the gps speedo from autometer which hooks directly to the stock speedo wiring and uses the speed reading on the dash just like stock, all the other features on the instrument panel work exactly like stock except your speed is perfectly accurate after you calibrate it. I did test this when first installed and it was right on with the Garmin Forerunner 305. It just does not show tenths. Overall this plate was great, I will do more testing and get a better straight speed run when it is more calm. Thumbs up all the way.

I had the pleasure of riding Q's ski with the "V10" plate. I had previously rode it with the stock plate. Man what a difference for such a small change!

Without a question it is better than stock....

+1
    how much $$ for the autometer speedo ? it is in mph or kph ? my 15x is in kph can i change the reading to mph? i did not know it was a direct bolt on whit the wire.

Well it is in MPH, I would call autometer for to see if it is in kilometers, I do not know. I got mine for $199.00 from Jegs plus shipping, Summit did not have it in stock. http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Meter/105/5289/10002/-1

I did just talk to Autometer, I am not sure if the F15x goes from MPH to KPH but if it does, he said as long as you calibrate it in MPH then you can switch it to KPH and it will work fine. Hope this helps

+1
    After testing the V6mm on my ski, Ive decided its a keeper for my needs and it wont be uninstalled any time soon. Its not as fast as the V10mm but it liked it best overall.

where to buy q or v10plate??

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton Robbins View Post
    After testing the V6mm on my ski, Ive decided its a keeper for my needs and it wont be uninstalled any time soon. Its not as fast as the V10mm but it liked it best overall.
    Where do you get these ride plates?

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctek View Post

Thanks
    I have one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctek View Post

Thanks
    I have one left.
    Do you still have one?

+1
    Sold them all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information