Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 Ultra 300 ls

I read that the speedometer will not work after installing the scom on an old post. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Also does anyone know the model and part number of the gps that fits in the steering wheel?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Garmin 76.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    I read that the speedometer will not work after installing the scom on an old post. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Also does anyone know the model and part number of the gps that fits in the steering wheel?
    With stock ride plate and scom the speedo will function just fine.

+1
    +1 with both replies. That garmin unit is a great one and unless you change the ride plate you will be very accurate.

+1
    thats right Graz. listen to Lasportsmn. He knows what he is talking about. I can't wait see you shoot out faster than a red rocket buddy. Get that GPS too, we will need it when we are out fishing on these new toys. does it have a fish finder on it cause that is really what we need.
    Cheers,

+1
    So Rosey, can I assume that Graz is the other half of all the drama you brought to the forum?????? LMAO
    If so..... Hey Graz we need to talk in private before the next time you get on side that VXR.
    OK this thread will not turn into the other one. I just had to make a little joke about it.
    If you are using it for fishing somewhere on here there way a guy who mounted one on a 260. It was a very clean install. Do a search for it and I will try to find it also for you. You have room between your engine and the fuel tank to mount the transducer. Some put the bilge pump there but it is better in the back. If the water is high enough in front the engine it will be on the belt causing slippage. If you are going out into the gulf or even the bay I highly recommend it. The bay can get worse than the gulf. Also since you have so much storage look up PWCoffshore.com He has a full list of what the guys out west carry in their skis when out on the ocean. I recommend the same items out here also. Both RlovesBK and Fire, and several other members are primarily ocean riders and they can throw in extra helpful hints for you also. Using your ski in the salt water be sure to take care of your ski post ride. Put some never seize on your plugs also. All skis need good post salt water ride care but this ski is a little less forgiving if you neglect it. Take care of the ski and it will take care of you.

Graz you are definately in the right place and we have very many knowledgable members that will gladly help whenever needed. Welcome to GH and enjoy the forum.

+1
    Yes G.L. thats my bud. He said he was reading this forum for 3 hours today. I guess he is hooked like I am. there is a lot to learn here...including what not to post.haha water in the engine compartment brings up a good point. Graz said he usually ends up with a bunch of water in his. Is there an after market seal to put on the front hatch to keep the water from coming in? Just curious...out in the ocean water ends up everywhere.

Banned User
    +1
    The only thing I store in my ski is tow rope and some large tools, for working on ski, a tour coat the following is carried in a pack on my back. As these items do you no good if separated from the ski and can't get back to it.

Spot locator
    VHF
    Cell phone in waterproof bag
    Protien bars
    Water
    Whistle
    Compas
    Knife
    Mirror
    Orange flag
    Thermal blanket
    Small first aid kit
    Glow sticks
    Flare gun
    Spare gps

It seems like allot but it' only weighs about 5 lbs and will be envalauable if you ever find yourself alone in the water.
    And best practice of all never ride alone.

Thanks for the tips, I am going to never seize those plugs tonight.

I never got water in the engine compartment. the upper storage compartment in the front takes on quite a bit of water every time I ride. The large lower storage up front stays dry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information