Thumbs up 1994 polaris sl 650

Hello everyone I purchased a 94 sl650 and I just wanted to know everyone's recommended upgrades/replacements. So far I got the triple output fuel pump and a gasket kit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carguybri View Post
    Hello everyone I purchased a 94 sl650 and I just wanted to know everyone's recommended upgrades/replacements. So far I got the triple output fuel pump and a gasket kit. Thanks.
    Welcome to Hulk.. I'm a newbie also.. but I just did the same thing.. Some of the important things guys have informed me of replacing were the Fuel lines also if they havent been replaced yet, Carberator kit for each of your carbs (3), If you don't mind premixing your gas, get the Oil pump block off kit to remove the oil despensor into the carbs. If you search Polaris SL 750 there are several threads that have "how to" on all of this stuff.. Also You tube has a guy who has video of him doing a lot of work..

Don't make the same mistake I did and only use half the gaskets from the kit. I purchased mine and the guy I bought it from told me he just replaced the pistons and had the cylinders bored out which he did.. However he used the junkiest gaskets he could have and didn't put gasket sealant on them either.. needless to say I had to pull everything back off and replace the gaskets I didnt which would have been a lot easier when the motor was completely out.
    Another thing if you pull your motor completely out to do all this work. when installing it back in put everything back on up to the carbs.. if you install it without the carbs already attached it is hell putting them on while in the hull.

Good luck and if you have any questions with anything, These guys on here are amazing with their knowledge of these PWC!! Ask before you try something rather than pay for the mistake after. These guys seem to have tried just about everything and are willing to share the information with you if you ask!!
    Last edited by K447; 07-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Thank you very much for your help! I am replacing the fuel lines and have already rebuilt all 3 carbs. What exactly does changing to premixed do? Does it help at all because everyone seems to be doing it. Thanks

The issue with this style polaris Jet ski from what I have been told is the oil/fuel system sometimes malfunctions with the pump/oil lines which despense the oil into the carbs and you don't have to premix.This is why they say its mandatory to change the fuel lines and oil line. If you get the Oil Pump block off kit or make your own, you remove that system and just premix making it your responsibilty to make sure its getting the right mix and less of the chance of buring up the cylinders/engine. It does not help/hurt performance, just makes it more reliable and you know for a fact its getting the right amount of mixture not to damage your engine.

Ok ill be sure to do that then. By any chance do you know anyone parting out a 1994 Polaris sl 650?

Thread Information