Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Think twice before buying Sea Doo or should I say SEA-DON'T

Sea doo customer services is horrable......my ski sunk with only 8 Hrs on it and has always been in 8' plus of water, had no thrust right off of trailer and Sea-doo will do nothing to help they say had to have sucked up rocks(yet no rocks in pump only chunks of wear ring)guess thats what I get for buying almost $30,000.00 worth of jet skis.....just a bunch of excuses, maybe the should change there name to SEA-DON'T

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Did you take it to the dealer? You got insurance. Sorry to hear about your problems.

+1
    Sea Doos don't sink, they have foam in them to keep on the surface, unless ofcourse you severly damage the hull.
    Even yamahas with their bilge pumps will take on water since these pumps only run when you turn on the ignition.
    Did you loose an engine mount from extreme riding? This would mis align the driveshaft a break the carbon seal. Please clarify before bashing the brand.

+1
    Why did it sink?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by customshop View Post
    Sea doo customer services is horrable......my ski sunk with only 8 Hrs on it and has always been in 8' plus of water, had no thrust right off of trailer and Sea-doo will do nothing to help they say had to have sucked up rocks(yet no rocks in pump only chunks of wear ring)guess thats what I get for buying almost $30,000.00 worth of jet skis.....just a bunch of excuses, maybe the should change there name to SEA-DON'T
    If I understand correctly the ski had no thrust the first time in the water.

Dealers usually spend a lot of time prepping the ski to make it ready for delivery, that includes water testing it, the Dealer should have noted and investigated the lack of thrust (possible pump / engine misalignment out of the factory) prior to delivery

Yep took to dealer (insurance will handle since SEA DOO Bailed.....here is a earlier postJust baught a Wake pro 215 and wake 155,The first day I launched them the 215 would not accellarate (it would rev just no boost) after a couple throttle shots it launched like a rocket. We rode for a few hours that day with no more problems. I put bothe skis in the water 3 more times after that and had no issues, everything ran great. Launched again on July fourth and idled past the nowake zone about 200 yards, when I went to accelarate NOTHING just the the first time off the trailer, I tried a few time like before and then got an alarm and the engine shut and the ski started sinking. Got back on trailer and took to dealer and was told I must of sucked up rocks and shreeded the wear ring (which I know for a fact didnt happen and I Launched the first time and the time it sunk in deep marinas) So in short Sea Doo is trying to stick it to me with 8Hrs on my Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    Sea Doos don't sink, they have foam in them to keep on the surface, unless ofcourse you severly damage the hull.
    Even yamahas with their bilge pumps will take on water since these pumps only run when you turn on the ignition.
    Did you loose an engine mount from extreme riding? This would mis align the driveshaft a break the carbon seal. Please clarify before bashing the brand.
    no damage to ski at all ...wear ring completly shot ...exhaust got hot....bilge line melted .....and yes my friend SEA-DOO's can sink with no hull damage...and I will say I like the skis but there customer service sucks

Yep asked the dealer who water tested and was told it was not tested so they have no idea if it worked or not but deff threw all the blame my way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ticat928 View Post
    If I understand correctly the ski had no thrust the first time in the water.

Dealers usually spend a lot of time prepping the ski to make it ready for delivery, that includes water testing it, the Dealer should have noted and investigated the lack of thrust (possible pump / engine misalignment out of the factory) prior to delivery

+1
    Why did you continue to ride it for 8 hours when there was clearly something wrong with it from the beginning?

whatever had acted up cleared after a few throttle hits.....wasnt sure if the new start in nuetrul was maybe sticking(not nowing then how the nuetrul worked) than never had any more problems until I launched it the last time...
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Why did you continue to ride it for 8 hours when there was clearly something wrong with it from the beginning?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information