Exclamation 95 SLT 750: Weak Spark...Need Urgent Help!

I bought a 95 SLT 750 not too long ago, and have done some minor work to it so far. I replaced the stator due to the last owner's lack of knowledge who fried it after a long winter with the ground wire being chewed up by mice. I bought a new one off of eBay that was used but tested in good working condition. We hooked it up, and now we are getting a really weak spark out of all three plugs. I was thinking about removing the flywheel and cleaning it because it had some rust on it from sitting around in the garage and figured that could affect the magnets, and we think that the timing might be off, but we're really not sure if that would cause a weak spark. Does anyone know how to adjust the timing at home with some readily available tools by any chance? Lastly, from what I understand, is that there is two fuses, the .25 amp glass one in the CDI box, and the 3 amp one for the bilge pump, but I have know idea where the hell that is. Can someone please help me figure this out? Summer is getting shorter every day, and I haven't been able to ride this bad-boy yet.

Thanks!

I'd check all your grounds before taking the fly wheel off.. From what I have been told you can not adjust the timing on the SL or SLt 750's.. also try cutting your wires and resealing them.. Might help out with the spark. I cut both ends and resealed them which helped out mine..

+1
    The only timing adjustment you can make is where you put the stator plate, should be lined up with a mark on the crankcase. Definately to what Stalling18 recommends. The spark on these 3 cylinders is never that strong looking, it should still run. 1/4 amp fuse is in the electrical box & is for the MFD display only, the 3 amp for the pump should also be in there, ski should run with either of these blown. Make sure ALL ground connetions are clean.

I know there is really no wiggle room on the stator when I was installing it. So, from what your saying, the stator should be fine and really shouldn't cause any timing problems right? And I found the MFD fuse, but I don't know where the bulge pump fuse is located at.

Last thing, I have a Seloc manual...and needless to say, I'm somewhat disappointed in the wiring diagrams and some other parts of the book. What's the absolutely best manual to get for my 95 SLT 750?

Thanks guys...

+1
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

You are probably having trouble finding the 3A fues for the bilge because the stock 95 SLT didn't have one. If you have a bilge pump, it was installed aftermarket and may or may not be fused. The LR module in the stock configuration does not have an orange wire output to run the bilge, so you may have to look into how it is wired..... Fuse may be inline somewhere as well.......

Thread Information