Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete)

Well guys I just finished installing my Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade kit. It took me exactly 2hrs and 45mins. It's not bad at all, I removed the injector rail and everything, set it off to the side to have more room. It's TIGHT....you have to be double jointed in some places but it works out just fine. Half the bolts I couldn't see so I had to feel them out and back in with no problems. The OEM intake restriction is crazy, it's a wonder that the ski breathes at all, It looks like a miniature catalytic converter honey comb or something.

+1
    For those of you who haven't seen what this restriction looks like here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHO Intake.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	277826  

+1
    Anyone know what that thing is for?

+1
    It's supposed to be a flame arrestor....all marine engines that sit inside an enclosed hull are required to have one....but who in the hell is going to check that ? Anyway the intercooler on our supercharged ski's are more than enough to snuff out any flame....It's hard for me to imagine that a flame front will make it back thru the intake, thru the intercooler, thru the supercharger, thru the intake hoses and finally exit the airbox.....what that little thing does do a good job of, is restricting the crap out of airflow into the intake.

Nice job. How did you get that thing out so cleanly? Read another post where it had been chisled out. I'm still thinking about removing the ribbon on my ski.

+1
    It's in a rubber grommet. Very easy to push out.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    It's in a rubber grommet. Very easy to push out.
    Does the grommet come out as well? How easy was it? Did it take a lot of force or can it be pushed out by hand?

+1
    Wow I didn't know that thing was so thick. It's making me think twice about removing it considering it is meant to prevent the ski from exploding. Theres no supercharger or intercooler on the VXR/S for a flame to get snuffed out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyT View Post
    Does the grommet come out as well? How easy was it? Did it take a lot of force or can it be pushed out by hand?
    Once you have the Intake manifold off and unbolt the Throttle Body, it just comes right out with a little twisting side to side motion. The rubber grommet comes out with it, this has flanges on it that seal to the intake, but not tight at all.....The grommet is reused, you put the grommet around the Riva insert and reinstall it. This was my first time ever wrenching on a ski (really wrenching)...I don't consider installing a FF exhaust or Power Filter Kit wrenching......It's tight and half the bolts you can't see....just be patient and work along at a steady pace and you'll be fine....I was shocked at how restrictive this thing really is, you can barely see thru it....

Oh...be careful not to rip or tear the rubber grommet....it feels kinda flimsy to me...just be easy on it when you take the Ribbon out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information