Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

yamaha fx sho 2009 mods b4 and after

Hi peeps thought i would share my before and after mods on my fx sho 2009, bog standard 65.2mph then added R&D performer kit which includes..............intake grate.........ride plate.........pump seal kit.........ribbon remove sleeve...........13/23 impeller............cavitation cone............intercooler cfm kit........free flow exhaust and..........power filter =68.2mph ,,,,,,,,,,,then added engine breather,tial surge/blow off valve,,,,,,,,,engine intercooler cooling kit,,,,,,,,,,,,engine tech low boost wheel 11psi,,,,,,,,,,R&D R3 reflash =78.2mph at 8250rpm,,,the thing feels great,,,let me know what you think cheers,Anthony from down under!!!!!!!!!

+1
    nice mods and good gain in top speed ,, nice read http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthrea...formance-build check this out

Quote Originally Posted by azzurri_4stars View Post
    Hi peeps thought i would share my before and after mods on my fx sho 2009, bog standard 65.2mph then added R&D performer kit which includes..............intake grate.........ride plate.........pump seal kit.........ribbon remove sleeve...........13/23 impeller............cavitation cone............intercooler cfm kit........free flow exhaust and..........power filter =68.2mph ,,,,,,,,,,,then added engine breather,tial surge/blow off valve,,,,,,,,,engine intercooler cooling kit,,,,,,,,,,,,engine tech low boost wheel 11psi,,,,,,,,,,R&D R3 reflash =78.2mph at 8250rpm,,,the thing feels great,,,let me know what you think cheers,Anthony from down under!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Really good speed. I'm sure you'll be hurting some feelings out there with those numbers.

+1
    3mph gain with the bolt on mods sounds exactly right. 10mph gain for internals and reflash is terrific! And I'll bet your hole shot is massive compared to stock.

hey guys thank you,hey vince internals are untouched,standard injectors.the lot just the low boost wheel if you classify it as internals,i was over the moon,i thought my gps was playing up but backed it up 3 times,and same every time,don't wanna touch it now want it to be reliable,cheers

+1
    Yeah I would leave it where its at as well. Thats perfect for a rec ski.

+1
    That's great man....great numbers. I have an 09' FX SHO as well, stock it ran 68mph on GPS, my mods so far are FF exhaust, Ribbon Delete and Riva Power Filter Intake kit. I'm going to order a R&D intake grate and a modified SHO ride plate with Jim's cut. One question, with just the first mods you did, were you on the rev limiter so that's why you changed the pitch on your prop or did you put the prop on with everything else ? What rpm were you turning with the first mods before adding the prop and after ? I'm hoping to get somewhere around 71mph with just the bolt on mods I listed, then I'll decide about a reflash, bigger wheel and intercooler.

i changed it because standard one was stuffed and worn but if you don't do re flash and wheel,that prop might be to big,but it still worked fine with me,but i was no were near the rev limiter,hope that helps .

ooh as for the revs,with new prop they dropped 100rpm because the prop is to big but i think my ride plate and grate is what helped get the 67,your getting that stock,so your already fast for stock

+1
    An r3 flas is ok with those mods? I have the same ski and soon the same exact mods but I am looking go 80mph. Can I do that with stage one r3 and say 15 pounds?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information