Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1

2012 R5WaterXRacing Tour Rds 7&8 Sept 1-2nd THE REGIONAL FINALS info...

R5WaterXRacing, LLC is excited to announce that we will be returning to Genes Powersports in Baytown, TX Sept 1-2nd for the 2012 R5WaterXRacing Tour REGIONAL FINALS!

We have updated our website for the host hotels as well as the Rds 7&8 registration info. This year has been a great year of growth for R5 as we have seen new beginner racers in both Runabout and Ski as well as we have doubled our Junior racing numbers. We have some very close points battles right now and with the month of August being an off month for everyone we guarantee that there will be NO resting or time off as the racers will be hard at work testing, training and tuning their skis for the biggest showdown in the south! The R5WaterXRacing Regional Finals awards ceremony info will be released in about 2 weeks as we are finalizing a few things. The Regional finals Awards will see the NEXT Rider Of The Year for 2012 named as well as The 2012 R5 Rookie Of The Year...WHO WILL IT BE???

About 2-3 weeks after the regional finals most racers will be heading out west to compete at the 2012 IJSBA World Finals in Lake Havasu City, AZ. This will be a great test to see who may or may not be ready for the biggest race of their lives as it pits them against the world! SEE YOU IN HAVASU!!!

We look forward to seeing everyone and if you need anything at all please contact us anytime at 214-498-3592 or email us at [email protected]

Here you will find the registration and Hotel info:
    http://www.r5waterxracing.com/Registration.html

Thank you and look for more info coming soon....

R5WaterXRacing, LLC

+1
    Ready for some more racing. 8 weeks between races is torture but I know that weekend of racing will be worth the very long wait.

+1
    GL I will see you there, I am ready for some more racing too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    GL I will see you there, I am ready for some more racing too.
    Looking forward to it Ronnie. I know it will be some good times. My family is coming back up again so I know it will be interesting with my mom there.

+1
    What gear does a newbie need to bring to compete in beginner's class here?

+1
    Helmet, eye protection and a USCG approved vest.
    I recommend also Gloves, footwear, wetsuit bottom or Neoprene shorts to stop water intrusion,

+1
    With the recent surge in racers buying vintage 550 skis as well as X2's here in Region 5 and beyond we have decided to introduce the following:

ALL VINTAGE CLASSES WILL BE $10.00 A DAY!!!!
    Vintage 550 Mod Ski - $10.00 a day entry fee
    Vintage 760 Super Stock - $10.00 a day entry fee
    Vintage X2 Mod - $10.00 a day entry fee

All classes will be ran with a 2 moto format and a minimum of 5 laps!!

We have always offered a Vintage 550 class and X2 Class since the inception of R5WaterXRacing, but have never seen much interest in these classes and as we said above with the recent surge in racers purchasing or building 550 Ski's & X2's, R5WX decided to offer these classes at a reasonable price. We have heard that the racing community would like to see a resurgence in 550 & X2 class racing and we feel with this LOW LOW cost to enter it would help kickstart the process. Although the Vintage 760 Ski Class is a new addition to the R5 racing scene it is still considered a vintage class.

So be sure and spread the word and let everyone know that it only costs 10 BUCKS a day to race a vintage ski!! That's 20 BUCKS for 2 days of racing!!!! SO COME ON OUT AND HAVE SOME GOOD CHEAP LEGAL FUN!!

Please visit www.r5waterxracing.com for ALL of your R5 racing needs and you can go to http://www.r5waterxracing.com/Registration.html and get registered TODAY for this exciting class!!

Thanks,
    R5WaterXRacing, LLC

+1
    This will be VERY useful for you and your daughter Jarrett:

http://www.r5waterxracing.com/IwannaRace.html

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime 214-498-3592 or [email protected]

+1
    TTT
    Well the time is drawing near. Time to gear up, check out the skis and do what we have been after all year. The IJSBA R5 Regional titles.
    Any of you who may not have plans for Labor Day weekend need to come take a ride out to Gene's off I-10 in Baytown. Myself and many others are locked in a close points race for the championships and this will be a weekend of all out competition. This is our last races before World Finals so this also adds to the intensity or our dedication to win. To carry the winning momentum onto the largest stage in PWC racing. To watch the races is just as exciting as racing them. Come on out and meet the best racers from this area of the US. Take a look at their skis and cheer for your favorite brand. From the Juniors racing their standups to the pros on their very fast Runabouts and everyone in between. I can tell you it will be a weekend you will not forget.
    If you have been thinking about jumping on the line to check it out yourself there will be some first timers there making the decision on if they will give it their all next season. Knowing the events the R5 crew puts on I am sure we will have several new regulars next year. Everyone is so good about helping you out and making sure you are doing it correctly and safely. To think a year ago I never rounded a buoy other than a crab trap ball. With the R5 racers adn staff help I am in the hunt for a few regional titles and competed with great success at my first national tour event. I owe it all to this group of men and women and recommend anyone interested in racing to come take a look at the "powerhouse of the south," I think that is the slogan, and join this great group of racers and friends.

+1
    The Regional Finals are just around the corner and its time to get your pre-registration in to avoid late fees. Please visit http://www.r5waterxracing.com/Registration.html for all of your registration needs and info. With Rd 8 being worth DOUBLE POINTS and everyone having to drop 1 round its a VERY tight battle in alot of the main classes and its all going to come down to the last rounds.

Also please remember that ALL VINTAGE CLASSES are $10.00 a day per class! You can see a list of vintge classes we offer on our website.

This weekend is guaranteed to be a great weekend of racing and fun for the entire family! We look forward to seeing you soon.

R5WX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information