Can new mods be causing blow by to catch can

I added an external intercooler and a RRFPR to my ski. I was venting the crankcase into the hull in the old pipe they are connected to stock. There wasnt much so it seemed like no big deal. Since I added those mods and went out for a test ride it is now blowing oily crap out of there and I am losing oil. I am going to Home Depot to get some stuff to make a catch can, but could these new mods be making me lose oil?

Anyone

+1
    Because of the mods? Not exactly.......before the mods all that crap was being ingested into the engine! Remember how oily the stock intercooler was when you removed it?

+1
    Blow by can be caused from your new mods since you are having to run really rich at idle and mid range. Cure= a begi or fuel controller to adjust mid and idle

+1
    What do you mean, "you are losing oil"? If you are talking a lot being measured on the dip stick, check the PTO Shaft seal where the drive shaft enters the engine. This is usually the main culprit of big oil leaks.

EDIT: I just saw you have another thread with similar info. As others are telling you, you have been running TOO rich. This causes excess fuel to get into the oil and excessive vapors into the catch can, and kills rpm, fouls plugs.

My ski's runs best WOT 12.1-12.2, and in this 100-103* Texas heat only 54-56 psi on rrfpr. I have my reference line tapped directly to the SC. Idles - low 12's, mid 13's.

JHill I read through a big post you had on the same issue. I was running very rich like 10.3 I haver fixed this since, but I could have gotten gas in the oil that is hurting me as well. I have new oil and new plugs because I noticed one of mine fouling when I was idling around the other day. I am going to try the oil and the plugs. I also got stuff from Home Depot to create a catch can so I can see what is in there. Besides letting that crap go into the hull was a bad idea. I am hoping I get lucky like you did and thats all it was.

JPT I fixed that leak once before and I checked that first. I am losing about 1/2 - 3/4 only on the last couple of rides since the upgrades. I have since adjusted the RRPFR to be better at WOT. I thought it might be an issue because we run about 7 hours and we can run the river 40 miles at WOT. I dont like to do that I try and run about 7000 -7200 RPMs when we are headed home thats still fast but not WOT

I changed the oil and the plugs built a catch can. i didnt ride as hard as we do on the river but it seems to be much better.

Thread Information