Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris SL 750 progress report

Okay, I did all the recommended fuel system upgrades on my 95 SL 750. I did all the lines, carb rebuild, fuel selector & 3 outlet fuel pump. She runs better than new with one exception tat developed prior to even doing all the fuel changes. In the very rough chop, the ski just shuts down. It starts right back up, but it's a sudden stop like I pulled the lanyard. After it restarts it runs fine but it will happen continuously in the chop at WOT. Suggestions?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like an electrical problem.

Loose connection or broken/frayed wire somewhere, or the lanyard/stop switch has a problem.

Look inside the steering cover and down into the engine compartment for wires frayed or damaged.

Yeah it's a wierd one. I took it back out and was throwing the ski all over. Hard turns, pump out of the water burying the nose and it never turned off. Rough seas where it's bouncing up and down a bit just turns it off. Still starts right back up and goes.

+1
    The kill button, even with the lanyard in, is very sensitive. Make sure you are not accidentally hitting it. You could try bypassing the kill switch by removing it from the ebox, but I have often wondered how you would actually shut the motor down if you did do that......?

As silly as it sounds, the last couple times I went out I was attaching the lanyard to my vest rather than the wrist. Ill have to put it back on the wrist and see if just that extra tension was causing the switch to kill the motor. Be a dopey mistake on my part but an easy lesson learned.

I also have a 95 SL 750, I'm the original owner and have blown pistons many times. I just joined this forum. I took my ski out today after top end rebuild. and adding the three outlet fuel pump. It will run at half throttle and the mag cyl seems hotter than the rest. It feels like it is not getting enough gas??? I guess I'll take the carbs. out and clean again before she blows!!!
    Can anyone think of anything I'm missing.

definetly wiring on keiths end, and welcome new guy, you will get better help if you post a new topic, not in someone elses thread

Can you give us some feedback on where you stand with your project?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    87 550 JS550
    2006 SX-R 800
    2008 15f
    My website

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith the Cop View Post
    As silly as it sounds, the last couple times I went out I was attaching the lanyard to my vest rather than the wrist. Ill have to put it back on the wrist and see if just that extra tension was causing the switch to kill the motor. Be a dopey mistake on my part but an easy lesson learned.
    The kill switches break, they wear out..they're just like anything else on these temperamental bastards. On one of the skis I picked up, a guy had some contraption made out of popsicle sticks tucked in "just right." Let me know if you need a replacement. I have a pile of them.

SuperD do you get my PM?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information