Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

300x- Questions on race setup for CC

Ok i have several questions on some mods im doing at the moment. First off is the sponsons. I see most people at the races run the rivas but whats the advantage over the R&D or TBM ones? My ski is used for CC . I also put a 1 degree wedge kit on and you can feel the slight boost in acceleration and handling. It also claims a 1mph top end gain we will see. Last time i was at 76.7 .
    R&D Ultra 300 One Degree Nozzle Wedge Kit 141-30000

Also trying to keep temps down i ran into this for the intercooler. Anyone running this it says it directs the hot water directly outward adding some low -mid range power?
    R&D ULTRA 300XULTRA 250/260/300 INTERCOOLERTEMPERATURE CONTROL UPGRADE KIT
    The R&D Ultra 250 Intercooler Temperature Control system was developed tooffer an inexpensive complete bolt on kit that will allow the full performanceand cooling potential the O.E.M. intercooler has to offer for recreationalapplications. Intercooler core water temperatures have a range of affect onthe supercharged air temperatures that enter into the engine. The KawasakiUltra 250 Intercooler operates on a dual line entrance mixture of laketemperature water and hot (140 degree) engine water that enters from theexhaust manifold to the top of the intercooler. R&D has found that bypassingthe hot engine cooling water directly outward, and adding an additionalintercooler cooling line, there can be a substantial and noticeable increase inlow end and midrange power along with reduced detonation. The R&DIntercooler Temperature Control Kit also includes an industry first intercoolerpressure relief blowoff valve to keep internal water pressures down to safeO.E.M. pressure ranges. R&D offers a range of machined flow control fittingsto allow water volume control tuning for intercooler temperature adjustmentsfor warm lake water and extreme hot air conditions. R&D offers an additionalpressure relief blowoff valve kit for high water volume flow rates on higherboost Performer and Stage 1 engine kits. The R&D Kit will allow temperaturetuning that will deliver surprising results.• More horsepower with cooler intake air temperatures• Increased acceleration and mid range performance• Reduces detonation in hot weather conditions• Temperature control tuneability• An inexpensive recreational performance addition• Pressure relief valve preserves O.E.M. intercooler
    • Easy installation instructions

Banned User
    +1
    Your 300 intercooler is already "upgraded" compared to the 250/60 looks like they slapped 300x onto their 250/60 upgrade kit... Did you like the wedge on the course?

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    That's right. The 300x has it's own dedicated cooling path from the pump. It travels through the cooler and exits out the flush point at the back. It's the reverse when you flush it too (no water goes to the engine).

Banned User
    +1
    It actually has less cooling now then before. Put a 250 intercooler in there or a turbonetics.

Banned User
    +1
    what kinda intake temps are you seeing from those aftermarket ones.... i can tell you the stock temps are not that bad

Banned User
    +1
    even if he dont wanna share the temps, you start playing with the ICer and put an older one in there, you'll have to race in at least the limited class if they have one where you at. pretty sure you cant put a cooler from a different model in the ski until you get to limited

+1
    The wedge stock legal????
    The 250 IC I would assume is stock legal from the info I was given but an aftermarket is not.

Banned User
    +1
    i dont believe the 250 IC is leagal because it was from a 250 and the 300 is a different model.....6.4.5 outa the IJSBA 2011 rule book says "Intercooler assembly/housing must remain OEM in stock class, additional cooling supply lines and bypass fittings may be added to the OEM Intercooler Housing. Additional cooling supply lines may be added to water inlet covers that are removable from the engine block. Volume changes to OEM water supply fittings are not allowed. Existing fittings may be aftermarket or modified so long as the OEM thread diameter is maintained. Fittings may not be added to the cylinder head, cylinder, or crankcase. Intercooler pressure relief valves (mechanical) are allowed for the purposes of regulating water pressure. Any valves used within the entire cooling system must be of the fixed type or automatic (e.g., thermostats, pressure regulators, etc.). Electronically controlled valves or water injections systems are not allowed unless originally equipped. Manually controlled devices (by any means of actuation) that alter the flow of cooling water during operation are not allowed. Cooling system flush kits are allowed.”

now i know there's something about homologating of other parts but i'd assume its a "grey" area... from my understanding an intercooler from a different model is an aftermarket cooler..... i could be wrong but if not..... WATCH OUT stock class guys hahahaha

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    rules can always be twisted to suit both sides of a discussion

yes you can leave the HOUSING stock yes you could potentially change the core to a 250 and STILL be in the wording of the rule book , But thats not as they actually ment it , if that makes sence

as the 250 core is just adding cooling fittings

very grey area as per normal , just depends on how far u want to push the regs

same in any sport

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    hey if you got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you can push those areas as far necessary as to fit your needs!! thats a well know fact of the IJSBA world finals!!!! ill follow the true meaning and do the best i can FAIRLY!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information