Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Keeping sunglasses on

Hey guys. I'm looking at some new sunglasses. I want some that will be good for riding, and just everyday use.
    These are what I'm looking at. http://www.spyoptic.com/quanta/d/1043_c_100 in the clear smoke color.
    My question is, what do you guys use, if anything, to keep sunglasses on while riding? Riding in Lake Michigan with the chop is a very wet ride, going through waves is normal. I've lost a few pairs of sunglasses to the water. I've found this http://store.croakies.com/reaxdevice.aspx which looks like a pretty sweet idea. Anyone ever use them? I wanna try avoid the normal croakie things, I hate the ponytail looking things.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1

+1
    I rock the Oakley Ballistic M-frames. They come with a great snap on elastic band that you can use when you ride, and take it off when you don't. They're curved, so as you get splashed, the high speed will whisk the water away. Plus they're ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.

Pauly C.

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Personally I like the Seaspecs as the strap wraps around my head, is adjustable and doesnt budge. Haven't lost a pair yet. Also got a pair from Jet Tribe last year. Theyre a cross between glasses and goggles - stretchy strap and comfy foam around the eyes for a good fit. And theyre not bulky like some goggles are. Paid a whopping 25 bucks for them LOL. I should have gotten a couple more pairs.

http://www.SeaSpecs.com/

http://store.jettribe.com/classic-ride-goggles/

I won't spend a lot on riding glasses as the lake has already taken a very expensive pair of prescription riding glasses.

I also prefer the brown lenses on the water as they cancel out a lot of the blue light spectrum so you can see just that much clearer and further.

I don't wear the same eyewear on land as I do on the water. Just my choice and no other reason.

Just my two cents...

+1
    Maxx motorcycle shades. They Look like regular sunglasses. But have foam surrounding the lenses so SOME air can get through but not enough to pull off your face and prevents water from getting on the inside of the lenses.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Maxx motorcycle shades. They Look like regular sunglasses. But have foam surrounding the lenses so SOME air can get through but not enough to pull off your face and prevents water from getting on the inside of the lenses.
    +1 that's what I use. They also have goggles.

+1
    On Lake Erie, during a small craft advisory, nothing keeps them on your head short of staples. I gave up a long time ago.

+1
    I use wileyx glasses with amber lenses. The glasses come with a strap that attaches to the frames. Works well IMO

+1
    i wore my new sea specs sunday, they worked great and stayed on during a 60mph dismount !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information