fuel line "gray" but no "TEMPO" ???

1996 gtx just rebuilt having top end bog issues and hard starts.I know about the gray lines.I assume that a teardown of carb's,cleaning of fuel selector and replacement of lines is in order.... Looking for some reassurance. Not my pwc its a buddies that doesn't want to wrench. What size line would this take? thanks, Nate

5/16 there is a sticky thread top of page on cleaning fuel system

actually i think its 8mm feed 6mm return

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    8mm or 1/4" lines... sounds like a dirty fuel system is your issue. make sure to change out the needle and seats also. that is the reason for the hard starts. follow the instructions in the sticky in the DIY at the top of the two stroke section

+1
    also look for a cracked fuel baffel on the top where the fuel hoses go on or a loose hose on the top of the fuel pick tub.

thanks for replies been busy this week haven't had time to get back here or work on ski. I've been through the sticky..... So its 1/4' line return and feed.A complete teardown of carb's fuel ,switch anything else? its got a full tank right now so washing it out probably not in the picture. Thinking of putting a inline filter in feed line also.... thats how I have my sleds set up. Nate

6mm=1/4"

8mm=5/16"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar2256 View Post
    thanks for replies been busy this week haven't had time to get back here or work on ski. I've been through the sticky..... So its 1/4' line return and feed.A complete teardown of carb's fuel ,switch anything else? its got a full tank right now so washing it out probably not in the picture. Thinking of putting a inline filter in feed line also.... thats how I have my sleds set up. Nate
    I put two lawn mower inline filters before the carbs and it kept them real clean. Also another tip is to make sure you check your pop off on your carbs. You want them to match. The ski will start and run much nicer, most don't do it and I didn't for a loong time but def worth the extra time.

Thread Information