Best Priced AGM Glass Mat Batteries

Just want to get a useful thread started about best AGM batteries, prices, and where to buy.

Found a Scorpion AGM battery at batterystuff.com for $75.00 shipped free.

Are these good batteries, and is the price high or low? It seemed pretty low compared to the $120.00 the dealer was asking for their version.

Is there much difference in AGM batteries?

What experiences do the other members have with this type of battery?

+1
    were having great luck with DEKA batteries, amazon & e-bay has good deals on them,

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    were having great luck with DEKA batteries, amazon & e-bay has good deals on them,
    +1 on Deka..if you have an oriely or autozone nearby you can by a store branded deka at a very good price and get out there right now!

easy to recognize a deka rebrand. Just look for the classic Deka terminal design. DO NOT forget to take the spacer with you. the 16 and 30's need em as they are about 1/2 shorter then the conventional battery. The etx 20 ( for kawaskai) is a direct bolt in. Big Crank and others are deka oem.

I sell lots of deka batteries and haven't had a dud yet. One of my customers didn't get his 4-tec winterized last year and this year the battery still had enough left to start the engine..a well know brand in his other ski was totally sulfated

+1
    I love deka batteries. I always have them on my shelf.

I apreciate the feedback. Does anyone else have opinions on AGM batteries to use? Any prices?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dswelch View Post
    I apreciate the feedback. Does anyone else have opinions on AGM batteries to use? Any prices?
    In my pesonal view, the only batteries to consider are the DEKA and the Odessy. There are some new high priced batteries on market..but those are for the guys where every pound counts and you are willing to pay far more to save a few pounds or perhaps for bragging rights.

The ody does have the best warranty ( two years) but the terminals are not as strong as the deka. Sears could have grabbed the market had they produced a smaller version of thier die hard line for PWC's but they cheaped out and went with an overseas vendor..and those batteries just didn't cut it...

I've seen enough damage due to electrolyte spills in hulls to never put a wet battery in. One of my 4-tec customers who had a regulator fai ( overcharging big time) had the skis finish damaged where the vent line exits the hull . Wet batteries also spelled death to a number of smaller seadoos where the vent line was inches from the oil injection filter ( which isn't acid resistant). Vent line failure..acid spill, oil system compromised...thunk..what happned?..where did all that oil in the hull come from...

+1
    Deka are great in the surf and wave jumping been using them for 6 yeaqrs and only had one die , that was from charging it with leads on the wrong terminals.

+1
    I've used a few of these on customer machines this year. So far they are working out great.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/YTX20-BS-Jet...2a0fac&vxp=mtr

Thread Information