Thread: Fuel Issue

Fuel Issue

Hi there

I have a 02 vriage txi. and the last couple times out. it has ran good for about 30 min. it will than stall out and proceeds to start and stale again, as tho its starving for fuel. once i get it goin again and near enough pin the throttle u can feel as tho its losing power at times and as i said b4 starving for fuel. it will tho run at an idle after it sits for a 5 or 10 min.

i have drained the tank and filled with fresh gas and still have same issue. could it b a bad pump? or clogged?

if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_ View Post
    Hi there

I have a 02 vriage txi. and the last couple times out. it has ran good for about 30 min. it will than stall out and proceeds to start and stale again, as tho its starving for fuel. once i get it goin again and near enough pin the throttle u can feel as tho its losing power at times and as i said b4 starving for fuel. it will tho run at an idle after it sits for a 5 or 10 min.

i have drained the tank and filled with fresh gas and still have same issue. could it b a bad pump? or clogged?

if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the Hulk. Could be a few things. Any warnings on the MFD? You should check the cooling lines going to the EMM and make sure water is flowing and flowing through the EMM. It is water cooled and if it gets too hot it could cause it to malfunction and cause damage to it. Again, welcome.

no there was no codes. ill check the emm. ni just had the boat out and it ran for 45 min and than died.

there was a quick flash of the check engine light. but i just check for fuel pressure. and it starts but read 17 psi at an idle. and i know its suppose to read 20-30. any ideas as to fix pressure issue?

17 PSi is a little low but if it will run for 30 minutes just fine I dont think that is your issue. Could just be the gauge your using reflecting the lower reading. Fuel pressure is simple, the pump turns on via the EMM grounding the brown wire going to the pump then your fuel pressure comes from the regulator located on the end of the return line located inside the tank. Pinch off the return line and check the fuel pressure and let us know what you get. Overall, I think your EMM is overheating, thus the 30-45 ride time your getting with no issues. Do you still have the grey tempo lines on the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    17 PSi is a little low but if it will run for 30 minutes just fine I dont think that is your issue. Could just be the gauge your using reflecting the lower reading. Fuel pressure is simple, the pump turns on via the EMM grounding the brown wire going to the pump then your fuel pressure comes from the regulator located on the end of the return line located inside the tank. Pinch off the return line and check the fuel pressure and let us know what you get. Overall, I think your EMM is overheating, thus the 30-45 ride time your getting with no issues. Do you still have the grey tempo lines on the ski?
    yes i still have the grey tempo lines on the ski. and right now i have the tank out and lookin at the pump. how do i proceed from here? and how do i check the emm for overheat?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I am not convinced it is a fuel pressure issue at all.

I am thinking first possibility is TPS failing, then possible EMM cooling issue.

After that, possible EMM internal problem.

The long time delay between engine start and trouble suggests heat is the cause. Is something overheating (EMM?) or is something just failing when it gets up to normal temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I am not convinced it is a fuel pressure issue at all.

I am thinking first possibility is TPS failing, then possible EMM cooling issue.

After that, possible EMM internal problem.

The long time delay between engine start and trouble suggests heat is the cause. Is something overheating (EMM?) or is something just failing when it gets up to normal temperature?
    i had the tank out and the pressure regulator had fallen off and was in the bottom of the fuel pump. after fixing that and reinstalling the tank. my fuel pressure had increased to 25 psi. i havent had it out since than. but i hope that fixes the problem. cuz when that problem occurs it feels like its starving for fuel.

+1
    Is there a problem with the grey lines? I have on my Virage i. Fuel lines and water lines? Should they be replaced?

Thread Information