gp1300r throttle and spark question

So there is no spark when the throttle position sensor is plugged in but there is when its unplugged. Also in the pics is that the sensor that cuts the spark if the throttle is not closed all the way? Because it is currently not touching when closed and I can have the throttle open and it will still spark with the TPS unplugged? Any help would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000007.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	278001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000004.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	278002  

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregss1270 View Post
    So there is no spark when the throttle position sensor is plugged in but there is when its unplugged. Also in the pics is that the sensor that cuts the spark if the throttle is not closed all the way? Because it is currently not touching when closed and I can have the throttle open and it will still spark with the TPS unplugged? Any help would be great.
    That is the stepping motor it should not touch, If you unplug the tps and it starts and does not start when plugged there is 2 things that could cause that. throttle cable is bad and not returning all the way that will kill spark or the tps lever spring is sticking open that will kill spark. That's why it starts when you unplug.

So I took the TPS off and it was stuck I sprayed it with WD40 and it loosened up and was moving freely. I put everything back together and it fired up but smokes like crazy and runs really rich. I thought it was just from the fuel pump running a bunch of times testing for spark so I ran it on the hose for awhile and it won't clear out. Is there a way to adjust the fuel on these? It is stock except for a Riva air filter.

+1
    So I took the TPS off and it was stuck I sprayed it with WD40 and it loosened up and was moving freely. I put everything back together and it fired up but smokes like crazy and runs really rich. I thought it was just from the fuel pump running a bunch of times testing for spark so I ran it on the hose for awhile and it won't clear out. Is there a way to adjust the fuel on these? It is stock except for a Riva air filter.
    you have the tps turned to much it's out of adjustment try to find the old marks were the screws were and put there, Or i had a old post about how to adjust tps sensors a couple years ago if you do a search i think you will be able to find it.

+1
    you have the tps turned to much it's out of adjustment that's why it's dumping so much fuel try to find the old marks were the screws were and put there, Or i had a old post about how to adjust tps sensors a couple years ago if you do a search i think you will be able to find it.

Thread Information