Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2009 Kawasaki ultra 260x

Need help, I have a 2009 ultra 260x that I purchased new in march of 2010. It has 32 hours on it, and it is in limp mode, the plugs are carbon black, has good compression, no engine codes or warning lights, it is building boost, the fuel sample test was good. It has been at the dealership for 2 months and they cannot figure anything out on what's wrong. Let me know if u have any ideas on what could be wrong. Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    U need to exsplain further what you mean it's in limp mode what's the code ? What's it doing

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Is the ski going into limp mode on it's own or are you running the SLO key and calling that limp mode?

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    U need to exsplain further what you mean it's in limp mode what's the code ? What's it doing
    -put it on the water in may of this year and was running fine, then it came to a stop, I went to take off again and the ski would go only about 3000rpms. No warning light or codes came up. It will idle, I put it back on the trailer, pulled plugs, they are carbon black not oil soaked. As in limp mode I mean it won't go over 3000rpms. There is no codes that pull up on the ski. The only thing the ski will do is idle and go up to 3000rpms, then it cuts off there. Everything tested good at the shop, but they can't figure out what's wrong with it

It is going in limp mode on its own, it will only go up to 3000rpms

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra 260x View Post
    It is going in limp mode on its own, it will only go up to 3000rpms
    That's not limp mode. Unless there is a code on the dash. Possible causes loose air horn stuck against hull
    Bad plugs you can't read a plug to tell if it's bad replace them all
    Bad sc or sc belt is loose.

I'd start with new plugs first then go from there my bet is plugs or bad sc

That's not limp mode. Unless there is a code on the dash. Possible causes loose air horn stuck against hull
    Bad plugs you can't read a plug to tell if it's bad replace them all
    Bad sc or sc belt is loose.

I'd start with new plugs first then go from there my bet is plugs or bad sc
    -I had new plugs changed at 30 hours and the dealership changed the oil. It's been 2 hours since then, they checked the super charger belt and said its good, they also said its building boost.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra 260x View Post
    -I had new plugs changed at 30 hours and the dealership changed the oil. It's been 2 hours since then, they checked the super charger belt and said its good, they also said its building boost.
    So you tried new plugs or changed the plugs at 30 hrs. And have not put new ones in ? Plugs can just go bad!!! You need to try new plugs first off.
    How do they know it's building boost do they have a test tank to test At full throttle ? Thats the only way without taking it out in the water. Have they checked the air horn on the air intake ? Have they verified the pump bearing have not gone out. ? Have they verified correct fuel pressure. ? I don't see how after two months it's not fixed u need a new dealer.

+1
    I don't see how after two months it's not fixed u need a new dealer.
    I am seeing that more and more.
    A guy I ran into this weekend with a brand new 2010 260 brought his ski in because of the way it was acting with the SLO key. Well after new ECUs and wiring harnesses and it still running exactly the same I got on it this weekend and it is just fine. They did not understand that on the mechanical throttles it is just a rev limiter and 5500 is where the limiter was. He lost almost all summer of riding because of sub standard techs. I know this does not fix the OP's ski but the dealership issues with all brands is really getting bad these days.

Ultra, where are you located? Possibly you are near another member that has good knowledge of these skis and could help you out. This would be about the best thing to do. Otherwise ask areound for a good dealership with good techs in the shop. We have only one around here so I know they are hard to find.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I am seeing that more and more.
    A guy I ran into this weekend with a brand new 2010 260 brought his ski in because of the way it was acting with the SLO key. Well after new ECUs and wiring harnesses and it still running exactly the same I got on it this weekend and it is just fine. They did not understand that on the mechanical throttles it is just a rev limiter and 5500 is where the limiter was. He lost almost all summer of riding because of sub standard techs. I know this does not fix the OP's ski but the dealership issues with all brands is really getting bad these days.

Ultra, where are you located? Possibly you are near another member that has good knowledge of these skis and could help you out. This would be about the best thing to do. Otherwise ask areound for a good dealership with good techs in the shop. We have only one around here so I know they are hard to find.
    That's sad to see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information