Sam Kilgore, an avid shark surf fisherman and friend of mine from Ocean City, Maryland drove down and stayed over at my house in Poquoson Va, Saturday night.
We had been talking about getting him out on one my jet skis for a couple of years and it finally came together.
We left my house at 0430, topped off the skis and stopped at Atlantic Bait & Tackle in Virginia Beach for some eels on the way to Owls Creek Boat Ramp. We departed Rudee around 0630 to some nice swells but calm seas for our 15 mile trip offshore to the Chesapeake Light Tower.
The visibility was about 25 feet with plenty of life at the tower.We saw cobia, barracuda, amber jack and lots of spade fish. The big swells and current made it difficult in the water but we still managed to get 5 spadefish by speargun.
After that we hit a nearby wreck and caught lots of throw back sea bass. Finally, on the way back we cast live eels at several of the buoys along the CB line. I got hooked up with a nice 55-60lb Cobia that unfortunately came off after about 15 minutes of some great pullage.
We made it back to Virginia Beach around 1400 hours.
Sam is self employed and owns Ocean Computers he was instrumental in putting together my website, I am adept at adding content but have no computer skills otherwise.
Glad I was able to have Sam take his first jet ski ride, spearfish trip and visit to Chesapeake Light Tower.
Here are some pictures I took yesterday.